General information about FOSS4G market

Silvia Franceschi-2
Dear all,
for a research statistical activity I need the following information.
I would like to understand if there is any publication or any available data regarding the possibilities  for private businesses offered by the FOSS4G market in the different sectors. In particular what I am looking for is some information about the dimensions of the businesses involved in the FOSS4G market for the different sectors, mainly in the application and in the development of GIS tools.

Do someone know if there is a reference page or paper where to find this information? It would be fine also if there are different sources for different countries or even continents.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Silvia

--
ing. Silvia Franceschi
Via Roma, 64

tel: 0039 -3384501332

Re: General information about FOSS4G market

Jachym Cepicky
Hi,

wouild the OSGeo page help ? [1]

[1] https://www.osgeo.org/service-providers/

pá 20. 9. 2019 v 18:06 odesílatel Silvia Franceschi
<[hidden email]> napsal:

> Dear all,
> for a research statistical activity I need the following information.
> I would like to understand if there is any publication or any available data regarding the possibilities  for private businesses offered by the FOSS4G market in the different sectors. In particular what I am looking for is some information about the dimensions of the businesses involved in the FOSS4G market for the different sectors, mainly in the application and in the development of GIS tools.
>
> Do someone know if there is a reference page or paper where to find this information? It would be fine also if there are different sources for different countries or even continents.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Silvia
>

> --
> ing. Silvia Franceschi
> Via Roma, 64
> 38030 Castello di Fiemme (TN)
>
> tel: 0039 -3384501332

Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: General information about FOSS4G market

Silvia Franceschi-2
Thanks Jachym,
I noticed that there is the information about the number of employees in the detailed description.
I will try to put all the data together.

Thank you again!

Silvia

pgc

Re: General information about FOSS4G market

pgc
Hi Silvia and Jachym,
maybe this study on GeoICT in Europe could be of interest?

This is a 2013 study by JRC of European Commission and other partners.
As far as I know it is the first (and maybe the unique) study at EU level also focusing on OSS companies (indeed, many of the interviewed SMEs are in the list of service providers shared by Jachym.

Actually, recently the JRC launched a follow-up study, with a new online survey as part of the EOValue project [1]:

I guess OSGeo people will participate to this survey.

Best regards

pg

<[hidden email]> napsal:

> Dear all,
> for a research statistical activity I need the following information.
> I would like to understand if there is any publication or any available data regarding the possibilities  for private businesses offered by the FOSS4G market in the different sectors. In particular what I am looking for is some information about the dimensions of the businesses involved in the FOSS4G market for the different sectors, mainly in the application and in the development of GIS tools.
>
> Do someone know if there is a reference page or paper where to find this information? It would be fine also if there are different sources for different countries or even continents.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Silvia
>

> --
> ing. Silvia Franceschi
> Via Roma, 64
> 38030 Castello di Fiemme (TN)
>
> tel: 0039 -3384501332

Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

ing. Silvia Franceschi
Via Roma, 64
38030 Castello di Fiemme (TN)

tel: 0039 -3384501332

Re: General information about FOSS4G market

Silvia Franceschi-2
Piergiorgio, thank you very for the information.

I will for sure read also this study.

Best regards

Silvia