GazetteerWFS is not working properly

Jornadas de SIG Libre
Hi all,

I am having some troubles with the gazetteer module.

I have a WFS service running on Geoserver and I want to query a layer called "buildings" by the "name" of the building.
Whatever the name of the building I type for the query I always end up with a complete list of the buildings. The operator I am using are %..% but no filter is ever made.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Lluís
--

Lluís Vicens Franquesa
Projectes i Formació

www.sigte.udg.edu

Re: GazetteerWFS is not working properly

Michael Schulz
Hi,

I think we need a little bit more information to help you. You mean you have completely configured mapbender (version?) with the mentioned wfs (version?), you have a gui with the gazetterWFS module, that loads your wfs_conf, displays a correct form, if you enter a value, that form is submitted, but your geoserver answers always with a list of all features because mapbender doesn't generate a filter statement?

What happens when you change the operator in the wfs_conf for that element to sth. other than %..%? Could you give us a sample wfs query? Have you configured another searchable element and that maybe causes an existing filter to always be evaluted to true because the filter statements are chained by OR?

Cheers, Michael

2010/4/16 Lluís Vicens <[hidden email]>
Hi all,

I am having some troubles with the gazetteer module.

I have a WFS service running on Geoserver and I want to query a layer called "buildings" by the "name" of the building.
Whatever the name of the building I type for the query I always end up with a complete list of the buildings. The operator I am using are %..% but no filter is ever made.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Lluís
--

Lluís Vicens Franquesa
Projectes i Formació
[hidden email]

www.sigte.udg.edu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte Open Source Schulungen bei der
http://www.foss-academy.eu/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael Schulz
[hidden email]

in medias res

Schwimmbadstraße 2
D-79100  Freiburg i. Br.

Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-102
Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-0
Fax: +49 (0)761 705798-09

http://www.webgis.de / http://www.zopecms.de

Re: GazetteerWFS is not working properly

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Lluis,

which Mapbender version do you use? Which WFS do you use (MapServer,
GeoServer version)?

Best regards Astrid

Lluís Vicens schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> I am having some troubles with the gazetteer module.
>
> I have a WFS service running on Geoserver and I want to query a layer called
> "buildings" by the "name" of the building.
> Whatever the name of the building I type for the query I always end up with a
> complete list of the buildings. The operator I am using are %..% but no filter
> is ever made.
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Lluís
> --
>

> Lluís Vicens Franquesa
> Projectes i Formació
> [hidden email]
>
> *www.sigte.udg.edu* <http://www.sigte.udg.edu>

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde

----------------------------------

Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte OpenSource-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.eu

----------------------------------

 Astrid Emde
 WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
 Siemensstraße 8
 53121 Bonn
 Germany

 Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 19
 Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

 [hidden email]
 www.wheregroup.com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: GazetteerWFS is not working properly

Jornadas de SIG Libre
@Michael

The mapbender version is 2.6 and the geoserver 2.0. The rest of your
assumptions are correct.

I have tried with other operators(equalto) but with the same result.
I do not know how to send you the sample wfs query. You can take a look
at http://sigserver4.udg.edu/ims_udg.
User: Convidat
Password: udg

You will see that right now there are 3 diferents searchable options
(Edificis -buildings-, Allotjaments -accommodation- and Carrers -streets-).
The first one is the only one that displays some elements. All of the
'Edificis' in fact indistinctly of the filter
Allotjaments and Carrers  trigger and error (this.get(-1).e is
undefined) and do not show any element.

How could I know if the filter elements are chained?
thanks a lot.

@Astrid,

I'm running Mapbender 2.6_rc1 on ubuntu 8.04, WFS 1.1.0 generated
through geoserver 2.0

Thanks in advance!

En/na Astrid Emde ha escrit:

> Hello Lluis,
>
> which Mapbender version do you use? Which WFS do you use (MapServer,
> GeoServer version)?
>
> Best regards Astrid
>
> Lluís Vicens schrieb:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am having some troubles with the gazetteer module.
>>
>> I have a WFS service running on Geoserver and I want to query a layer
>> called "buildings" by the "name" of the building.
>> Whatever the name of the building I type for the query I always end
>> up with a complete list of the buildings. The operator I am using are
>> %..% but no filter is ever made.
>>

>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>> Lluís
>> --
>>

>> Lluís Vicens Franquesa
>> Projectes i Formació
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> *www.sigte.udg.edu* <http://www.sigte.udg.edu>

Re: GazetteerWFS is not working properly

Michael Schulz
Hi Lluis,

ok, on a first impression, I see one thing, when using the gazetteer
and you don't get an geometry type icon in your search dialog, then
sth. is wrong. You can see that when you change between the tree
different featuretypes, only careers correlty shows the type line
(which is sensible for streets). The other show broken images, because
mapbender cannot determine the correct geometry type. That is because
geoserver, esp. when used as wfs 1.1, shows "GeometryPropertyType"
e.g. for multipolygon geometries.

I think we had that issue before, so I quote from on of my older
mails, not all points may apply to you, but some do:
---
WFS configuration is still a bit complicated, although Mapbender
really does a good job with that. Some things to check:
- have you uploaded your WFS as version 1.0 or 1.1? With Mapbender 2.6
I'd stick to version 1.0
- in Geoserver set your WFS-GML-SRS style to "normal" (under Services
- WFS, scroll down to the bottom)
- check the returned geometryType of your featuretype. I think
Mapbender will only handle the "frequently" used ones, like POLYGON,
MULTIPOLYGON, LINESTRING, etc... I am not sure why (I think it has to
do with what kind of datastore you use), but Geoserver sometimes
exposes your featureType as MultiSurfacePropertyType or the like...
(if that has happened, you may need to change the geometryType by hand
in the mapbender DB)
- make sure you connect the wms layer to the right wfs conf (but i
think if you already get results, that's already done)
- epsg-srs must match between WMS-GUI-setting and WFS featuretype

These are some points to check. Mapbender 2.6 should work well with
Geoserver 2.0.1, at least I have it working with epsg:31467.
---

maybe this helps a bit. One more thing, the search for edificis shows
the following filter:
<ogc:Filter xmlns:ogc='http://ogc.org'
xmlns:gml='http://www.opengis.net/gml'><ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo><ogc:PropertyName>nom_edifici</ogc:PropertyName><ogc:Literal>5</ogc:Literal></ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo></ogc:Filter>

This looks as if you have created a select list in the wfsconf. Not
soure if it sends the correct values, as it will compare "5" to the
field "nom_edifici".

So far, cheers, Michael