GWC2 and GeoServer

Ásta Kristín Óladóttir-2
Hello everyone.
I find gwc2 very promising, but is it correctly understood that in order to have good use of it I will have to set up QGIS Server with it, since it uses QGIS projects as templates and some other QGIS Server specific options like e.g. the PDF printer? I have been using GeoServer for some time and It would be very handy form me to use some naked version of gwc2 as a web map with various features and connect it with WMS and WFS´s layers coming from GeoServer.

Best regards,
Ásta

Re: GWC2 and GeoServer

Karl Magnus Jönsson

Hi Asta!

The main feature with qwc2 is to use QGIS server as a backend. QGIS is used to style layers, build layer tree, print layouts etc. You can connect to Geoserver in the QGIS project and publish the services again through QGIS server. qwc2 is developed in cooperation with MapStore2. Another option would be to use it directly since I’m sure you can use Geoserver services directly in another way there.

Karl-Magnus Jönsson | Gis-Utvecklare
Geografisk information
Miljö- och samhällsbyggnadsförvaltningen
Kristianstads kommun
Besöksadress: Västra Storgatan 12
Postadress: 291 80 Kristianstad

www.kristianstad.se

I find gwc2 very promising, but is it correctly understood that in order to have good use of it I will have to set up QGIS Server with it, since it uses QGIS projects as templates and some other QGIS Server specific options like e.g. the PDF printer? I have been using GeoServer for some time and It would be very handy form me to use some naked version of gwc2 as a web map with various features and connect it with WMS and WFS´s layers coming from GeoServer.

Best regards,

Ásta

__________________________

Ásta Kristín Óladóttir
B.S. Landfræði

Alta ehf // +354 582 5000 // +354 6963239

Re: GWC2 and GeoServer

Ásta Kristín Óladóttir-2
Hi Karl Magnus.
Thank you very much for your informing reply.
Best regards,
Ásta

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 6:18 AM, Karl Magnus Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Alta ehf // <a href="tel:+354%20582%205000" value="+3545825000" target="_blank">+354 582 5000 // <a href="tel:+354%20696%203239" value="+3546963239" target="_blank">+354 6963239

Re: GWC2 and GeoServer

Mauro Bartolomeoli-3
Hi Asta. If you want to have a look at MapStore2 ho to https://mapstore2.geo-solutions.it

You will find some useful material and links to its mailing lists.

Mauro