GUI Disappears

jessej
Hello Everyone,

I just installed cygwin grass62 on windows xp.  When I open the the x server than open grass62 I don't get the gui.  I have to start grass in the command line and then once grass is running, after I set my mapset, when I type:
GRASS 6.2.1 (spearfish60):~ > gis.m

The gui appears for a split second and then I get this message:

GRASS 6.2.1 (spearfish60):~ > child process exited abnormally

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks for your help.
jessej

Re: GUI Disappears

Markus Neteler-3
jessej wrote
Hello Everyone,

I just installed cygwin grass62 on windows xp.  When I open the the x server than open grass62 I don't get the gui.  I have to start grass in the command line and then once grass is running, after I set my mapset, when I type:
GRASS 6.2.1 (spearfish60):~ > gis.m

The gui appears for a split second and then I get this message:

GRASS 6.2.1 (spearfish60):~ > child process exited abnormally

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks for your help.
jessej
Please run
 g.region -p
and check the error message. I assume a broken GDAL installation.

Markus