GSoC 2020 need new Lead Admin to take over

GSoC 2020 need new Lead Admin to take over

Helmut Kudrnovsky
>Due to personal reasons, we admins realized none of us has the time to
>allocate to GSoC this year. So, OSGeo needs a new Lead Admin or there won't
>be GSoC at OSGeo this year.
>
>What's needed to carry out the task?
>The Lead Admin is:
>- willing to not go offline during the summer
>- familiar with GSoC environment (has read all the rules and is capable to
>explain / enforce them)
>- prompt to respond to emails
>- capable of meeting deadlines
>- proactive and self-starter

good starting point for interested people:

https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/gsoc/
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2019

Kind regards
Helmut
best regards
Helmut

Re: GSoC 2020 need new Lead Admin to take over

dkastl
Thank you to everyone of the admin team, who made GSoC run smoothly in the past year.
I'm a little bit surprised that from one year to the other all 6 admins (as listed on the OSGeo page) will not be able to participate anymore.
It would be definitely good for OSGeo as a mentoring organisation if there could be a smooth transition over the years.

Or are you just looking for a "lead admin"?
Who of the previous admin team is planning to continue?

Kind regards,
Daniel

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 1:29 PM Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Due to personal reasons, we admins realized none of us has the time to
>allocate to GSoC this year. So, OSGeo needs a new Lead Admin or there won't
>be GSoC at OSGeo this year.
>
>What's needed to carry out the task?
>The Lead Admin is:
>- willing to not go offline during the summer
>- familiar with GSoC environment (has read all the rules and is capable to
>explain / enforce them)
>- prompt to respond to emails
>- capable of meeting deadlines
>- proactive and self-starter

good starting point for interested people:

https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/gsoc/
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2019

Kind regards
Helmut

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: [hidden email]
Web: https://georepublic.info

Re: GSoC 2020 need new Lead Admin to take over

margherita
Hi Daniel,

you're right that the wiki page is not much updated, of those listed, Anne, Jeff and Florin had already retired before last year. The others have personal reasons that hinder a commitment for this year's edition. I'm sure all of us will make our best to help whoever takes over, but we're no longer taking the responsibility to carry out the program.
Hope this clarifies.

Kind regards,

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 2:23 PM Daniel Kastl <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you to everyone of the admin team, who made GSoC run smoothly in the past year.
I'm a little bit surprised that from one year to the other all 6 admins (as listed on the OSGeo page) will not be able to participate anymore.
It would be definitely good for OSGeo as a mentoring organisation if there could be a smooth transition over the years.

Or are you just looking for a "lead admin"?
Who of the previous admin team is planning to continue?

Kind regards,
Daniel

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 1:29 PM Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Due to personal reasons, we admins realized none of us has the time to
>allocate to GSoC this year. So, OSGeo needs a new Lead Admin or there won't
>be GSoC at OSGeo this year.
>
>What's needed to carry out the task?
>The Lead Admin is:
>- willing to not go offline during the summer
>- familiar with GSoC environment (has read all the rules and is capable to
>explain / enforce them)
>- prompt to respond to emails
>- capable of meeting deadlines
>- proactive and self-starter

good starting point for interested people:

https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/gsoc/
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2019

Kind regards
Helmut