GSoC 2018 Week 7 Report - "Database Output Storage for PyWPS"

GSoC 2018 Week 7 Report - "Database Output Storage for PyWPS"

Jan Pišl

Hi everyone,

this is my report from week 7. It can also be found on my wiki page [0]. As always, any feedback is appreciated!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Kind regards,

Jan Pišl

Week 7 report

What did you get done this period?

- SQLAlchemy is used for storing other datatypes than raster and vector (such as text or CSV) in PostgreSQL [1] [2]

- Unittests test if output data get stored in a SQLite [10] and PostgreSQL [3] [4] [5] databases [9]. Tested output data are vector, raster, text and CSV.

- Add CSV as one of data formats available in PyWPS [6]

- Optimize and refactor SQLiteStorage [7] [8]

- I did a research on MapServer

- Fixing bugs and some other minor changes and updates to the code [11]

What do you plan on doing next week (period) ?

- Handle metadata

- Establish a connection between MapServer and PostgreSQL

Are you blocked on anything?

No.

[0] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Database_Output_Storage_for_PyWPS

[1] https://github.com/janpisl/pywps/commit/652d0dba7906d20260e3cd3b3d5a77b26ea68b86