GSoC 2018 Week 2 Report - "Database Output Storage for PyWPS"

GSoC 2018 Week 2 Report - "Database Output Storage for PyWPS"

Jan Pišl

Hi everyone,

this is my report from week 2. It can also be found on my wiki page [0]. As always, any feedback is appreciated!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Kind regards,

Jan Pišl

Week 2 report

What did you get done this period?

- Develop and implement PGStorage, a class within the DbStorage class that will store output data to PostGIS and returns database name, schema and table as a reference to the client.

- Study materials on Factory design pattern [2] recommended by my mentor.

- Download, run and test SpatiaLite.

What do you plan on doing next week (period) ?

- Develop, implement and test _MSSQLStorage and _OciStorage _MySQLStorage classes

Are you blocked on anything?

I have some questions related to work I will be doing next week. I will consult with my mentor.

[0] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Database_Output_Storage_for_PyWPS

[1] https://github.com/janpisl/pywps/commit/254b1e5697c0b4781544a6329b52eb4688e60a22

[2]  http://python-3-patterns-idioms-test.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Factory.html