GSoC 2017 Results!

margherita

Dear OSGeo community,

it is our pleasure to announce that 13 GSoC students have successfully completed the program this year! You can find out more at: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/4660070039158784/#projects

We would like to wholeheartedly thank all the mentors who dedicated their invaluable time and experience to this program, you are the core of GSoC! Thanks also to our students, we are sure you learnt a lot and also had some fun, and we hope you decide to remain in the OSGeo community becoming active developers and the future generation of GSoC mentors!

If you participated this year as a student or as a mentor, please take the time to leave us your feedback, as we try to improve the experience each year. We created a page https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2017_Improvements where you can leave your comments and suggestions, please feel free to expand it, or to contact us directly to discuss your ideas. We are also collecting your questions and topics that you would like us to bring to the mentor summit (13-15 October, where Rohith Reddy and Margherita Di Leo will represent OSGeo).

Our activities don’t end here! You’ll soon receive our call to participate to a virtual meeting to discuss about OSGeo’s participation at “Google Code-in”, a program addressed to kids aged 13-17. We are very excited about that!

Meanwhile, read more at: https://developers.google.com/open-source/gci/

That’s all for now! Stay tuned..

Your OSGeo-GSoC Admins

--
Margherita Di Leo

Re: [SoC] GSoC 2017 Results!

Suchith Anand
Congratulations to all students, mentors and organisers . Well done to all...

Best wishes,

Suchith

[...]

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

Re: GSoC 2017 Results!

Venkatesh Raghavan
Hi Margherita and All,

Thanks to you and the OSGeo GSoC Admin-team [1],
all our mentors and to the students who have all
put great effort and a lot of time to arrive at
this wonderful result.

Best

Venka

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2017_Administrative#Contacts

On 2017/09/07 16:40, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
[...]

Maria Antonia Brovelli

Dear MaDi

Many thanks to all of you!! This is a very important result!

Congrats,

Maria

Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by you:

http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4 "Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)" http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.htmlBoard of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board

UN-GGIM Academic Network Deputy Chair, UN-GGIM Italy, UN OpenGIS Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)

Sol Katz Award 2015

P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)

Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,  [hidden email][hidden email]

Re: GSoC 2017 Results!

SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA

​Very well done! Congratulations to winners and organizers!

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía
URUGUAY
(598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330

Re: [SoC] GSoC 2017 Results!

Vicky Vergara-2
Hi all
This is an unordered list of congratulations, it was a team work, with three components, and no component is less than the other.

I want to congratulate the GSoC administrators team.
A mentor follows the weekly reports of the own project, and you follow all!!!!
That is a huge task.
PS Thanks for supporting us with your valuable comments and reminders.

I also congratulate the students,
Your efforts improve the open source community, and in this case in particular, it improves the OSGeo community.
Working "iong distance" its not an easy task; there are no schedules, there is no one behind your back,.
With the technology, in the future, I can see that home office will be trendy, and with this program you gained more traits to be a successful independent person.
PS. You can be sure that your code will be cared for. But if you keep on contributing you can also take care of someone else's code

Fellow mentors:
It is always rewarding to see how students evolve from novice to master on the topic they worked on.
The students learned to write Proposals listened to Suggestions & Comments (PSC) to make the development.
That is what makes projects moving.
Congratulations for the outcome!!!!!

Vicky

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:40 AM, Margherita Di Leo <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany

Vicky Vergara
Operations Research

eMail: vicky@georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info

Tel: +49 (089) 4161 7698-1
Fax: +49 (089) 4161 7698-9

CEO: Daniel Kastl

Re: [SoC] GSoC 2017 Results!

Rohith Reddy
Hello all,

Congratulations everyone !!!!

I would like to give a big shout-out to the admins who took special care in monitoring and giving reminders to the mentors and students. Going through all the weekly reports, work submissions and giving feedback is not an easy task and the admins have done a great job.

I enjoyed and learned a lot working with OSGeo. Wish you all the best :)

Regards,
Rohith Reddy.