GSOC16 | Project Proposal

Ankush Chauhan
Hello,
I am a Computer Science masters student at Georgia State, ATL, I am working on a paper publication right now on performance of various space filling curves in Spatial Databases here at GSU.
I was redirected here from GSOC16, and want to contact a mentor with my ideas of implementing a few Space filling curves notably the Morton, Hilbert,  Sierpiński and Moore curves for spatial indexing in postGIS.
The experiments i would be coupling along would be point queries, range query and kNN Queries with expanding value of K.

I am desperately looking for a postGIS mentor for more guidance on my project proposal.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ankush Chauhan
Student / Graduate Teaching Assistant
Department of Computer Science
Georgia State University
Atlanta, GA
USA

Re: GSOC16 | Project Proposal

Brian M Hamlin

Hi Ankush -

  I am listed as a mentor for PostGIS this year .. can you tell me more about this idea ?   Let's decide if it is worthwhile or not, and see how to proceed. Perhaps other PostGIS ideas could be evaluated at the same time..

  best regards from Berkeley, California

  --Brian M Hamlin

--
Brian M Hamlin