[GRASS5] OT: english vocabulary aerial photo

[GRASS5] OT: english vocabulary aerial photo

Markus Neteler-4
Hi all,

hope you allow a partly off-topic question. We are translating
my GRASSbook into English and I am searching for some terms
for the orthophoto chapter.

An aerial photo own some flight information in border space

 +----------------------------+
 |  instr1 instr2 ...    clock|  -> how do you call them?
 |                            |  -> name of this "stripe"?
 +----------------------------+
 |                            |
 |                            |
 |      the photo itself      |
 |                            |
 |                            |
 +----------------------------+

I have put above "info stripe" (how do you call this?) here:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/users/neteler/425_i.jpg
(20k)

Please tell me the specific english terms...

Thanks in advance,

 Markus

Re: [GRASS5] OT: english vocabulary aerial photo

mberglund-2
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> hope you allow a partly off-topic question. We are translating
> my GRASSbook into English and I am searching for some terms
> for the orthophoto chapter.
>
> An aerial photo own some flight information in border space
>
>  +----------------------------+
>  |  instr1 instr2 ...    clock|  -> how do you call them?
>  |                            |  -> name of this "stripe"?
>  +----------------------------+
>  |                            |
>  |                            |
>  |      the photo itself      |
>  |                            |
>  |                            |
>  +----------------------------+

You are either looking got the word "header" (Indicating the top of a
written page) or possibly "Tool Bar" or, finally, "Indication Panel".

Hope this helps,
Matt

Re: [GRASS5] OT: english vocabulary aerial photo

Jonathan Byron
One generic term for information written on an air photo is "annotation" - I
don't know offhand if there is a more specific term for what you described -
I will check when I go into the office, where my books are.

Jonathan Byron
Jacksonville University