[GRASS5] End member selection and spectral unmixing

[GRASS5] End member selection and spectral unmixing

Uttam Kumar-2
Hi all,
       I want to find endmembers from MODIS 36 bands and then perform linear
unmixing. Does any body have any idea whether it is possible in GRASS. How
do I perform unmxing. Is there any module avaliable.

Please reply, if anybody has worked on spectral unmixing in GRASS.

Best Wishes.

uttam.

Re: [GRASS5] End member selection and spectral unmixing

Markus Neteler-3
On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 10:27:59PM +0530, Uttam Kumar wrote:
> Hi all,
>       I want to find endmembers from MODIS 36 bands and then perform linear
> unmixing. Does any body have any idea whether it is possible in GRASS. How
> do I perform unmxing. Is there any module avaliable.
>
> Please reply, if anybody has worked on spectral unmixing in GRASS.

Hi Uttam,

yes, I was writing i.spec.unmix for my MSc. Two articles
are available:

M. Neteler, D. Grasso, I. Michelazzi, L. Miori, S. Merler, and
C. Furlanello. New image processing tools for GRASS. In
Proc. Free/Libre and Open Source Software for Geoinformatics:
GIS-GRASS Users Conference 2004, Sept. 12-14, Bangkok, Thailand, 2004.
http://gisws.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/grass04/viewabstract.php?id=37
(PDF)

M. Neteler, D. Grasso, I. Michelazzi, L. Miori, S. Merler, and
C. Furlanello, 2005. An integrated toolbox for image registration,
fusion and classification. International Journal of
Geoinformatics. Special Issue on FOSS/GRASS 2004 & GIS-IDEAS 2004,
1(1), pp. 51-61, March 2005.

I'll publish the software asap (still haven't migrated all MESCHACH to
BLAS/LAPACK...)

Markus