[GRASS-web] Looking for information

cristian gallo
Dear GRASS users,

I am an ecologist working in Iceland, is my intention to buy a lap top computer and istall GRASS for my professional uses. I am not very good in computer science staff and I never used GRASS before. I want to ask you suggestions about which kind of computer should I buy and which are the features that I must have to use GRASS properly. Thank you.

Have a nice time, Cristian

Windows Live Spaces Push the Button! Crea il tuo blog e condividi le tue esperienze col mondo!

Re: [GRASS-web] Looking for information

Markus Neteler
On Feb 12, 2008 9:54 PM, cristian gallo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear GRASS users,
>
> I am an ecologist working in Iceland, is my intention to buy a lap top
> computer and istall GRASS for my professional uses. I am not very good in
> computer science staff and I never used GRASS before. I want to ask you
> suggestions about which kind of computer should I buy and which are the
> features that I must have to use GRASS properly. Thank you.
>
> Have a nice time,

Cristian,

whatever computer is fine. Be sure to have enough RAM and a good video
card, that's all. GRASS is (almost) portable, so you have even rather free
choice of operating system.

Markus