GRASS translation

Vera
Hi,

I'd like to translate some GRASS files in russian.
So, I'v read some information on wiki and found myself on
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/roster/grass-translations
in "Non-digested Members of grass-translations" list.
But can't announce and find files to translate. Help me pls.

Best regards,
Vera

Re: GRASS translation

Markus Neteler
Hi Vera,

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 7:43 AM, Vera <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to translate some GRASS files in russian.
> So, I'v read some information on wiki and found myself on
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/roster/grass-translations
> in "Non-digested Members of grass-translations" list.
> But can't announce and find files to translate. Help me pls.

Since the Russian .po files are already there, please see here:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_messages_translation#Continuing_an_existing_translation

the easiest will be to download current .po files directly from SVN
(click on file name to download):
http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/locale/po/

You need an editor for this. While they are ASCII files, the internal structure
must be maintained. So it is a good idea to use a dedicated editor:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_messages_translation#Software_to_translate:_.po_file_editors

Please don't hesitate to ask more here.

Best regards,
Markus