GRASS, VAX and ULTRIX

Silvester Kink
I am looking fo GRASS distributor for ULTRIX.
Does anyone have any experiences with GRASS on VAX machines (I have
VAXstation 3600)?

Thanks in advance,
                                Silvo
                        [hidden email]

Centre of Scientific Research of the Slovene Academy of Sciences and Arts
Silvester Kink Novi trg 5 61000 Ljubljana Slovenija

Re: GRASS, VAX and ULTRIX

Joe Vaughan-2

> I am looking fo GRASS distributor for ULTRIX.
> Does anyone have any experiences with GRASS on VAX machines (I have
> VAXstation 3600)?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Silvo
> [hidden email]
>
> Centre of Scientific Research of the Slovene Academy of Sciences and Arts
> Silvester Kink Novi trg 5 61000 Ljubljana Slovenija

Silvo,

In case no one else tells you, CWU distributes Ultrix GRASS.
try
David Satnik (509) 963-1446
  SATNIKDB%[hidden email]
for info.

I am running GRASS on a DECstation under ULTRIX.  I got the source codes over
ftp and unpacked and built them.  Problems did occur in the make operations,
occasionally.  If I remember correctly, the most frequent problem was that those
make rules which had a comment line starting with a tab within the rule were
confusing-- I changed these to a comment followed by a tab and they went through.

Good luck,
Joe Vaughan
 [hidden email]

Inst. of Atmo. Phys., U of Arizona. Tucson, AZ

Re: GRASS, VAX and ULTRIX

Joe Vaughan-2