GRASS/QGIS workshop - Dec. 12 (!)

Scott Mitchell-3
I've agreed with Dave to host a GRASS and QGIS workshop as our local
activity this month.  Due to timing issues between our end of term
student needs and Dave's schedule, we've settled on next WEDNESDAY,
Dec 12 for the event.  Please note this has changed from the Dec 13
previously posted on the Wiki - sorry for the confusion.

Dave, Phil, and I will make sure the lab is in shape this Thursday.
If anyone is interested in learning about COMPILING GRASS, you're
welcome to come join us, but this will not be the "official" event.
Drop me a line privately if GRASS compilation or Linux software
installation interests you.

Next Wednesday, we'll start in the GIS lab in Loeb A237 at Carleton.
The Loeb building is near the south-west corner of campus - maps and
some parking guidance are posted on our wiki page (http://
wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Ottawa_Chapter#Next_Meeting).  OCTranspo
also serves the campus through the O-Train, and routes 4, 7, and 117.

After the hands-on session, we'll head to a pub for the social end of
the meeting.  I'm working on confirming a reservation, and will post
the details to the wiki when that's finalized.

Drop-ins are most welcome, but if you ARE planning to attend, an
email to [hidden email] would be appreciated, so I can anticipate
confirmed numbers.

Cheers,
Scott

Re: GRASS/QGIS workshop - Dec. 12 (!)

Ravinder Virk

Hello Scott:

I will attend this workshop. Also, i am interested in learning about
COMPILING GRASS.

Cheers,
Ravi

Scott Mitchell wrote:

>I've agreed with Dave to host a GRASS and QGIS workshop as our local
>activity this month.  Due to timing issues between our end of term
>student needs and Dave's schedule, we've settled on next WEDNESDAY,
>Dec 12 for the event.  Please note this has changed from the Dec 13
>previously posted on the Wiki - sorry for the confusion.
>
>Dave, Phil, and I will make sure the lab is in shape this Thursday.
>If anyone is interested in learning about COMPILING GRASS, you're
>welcome to come join us, but this will not be the "official" event.
>Drop me a line privately if GRASS compilation or Linux software
>installation interests you.
>
>Next Wednesday, we'll start in the GIS lab in Loeb A237 at Carleton.
>The Loeb building is near the south-west corner of campus - maps and
>some parking guidance are posted on our wiki page (http://
>wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Ottawa_Chapter#Next_Meeting).  OCTranspo
>also serves the campus through the O-Train, and routes 4, 7, and 117.
>
>After the hands-on session, we'll head to a pub for the social end of
>the meeting.  I'm working on confirming a reservation, and will post
>the details to the wiki when that's finalized.
>
>Drop-ins are most welcome, but if you ARE planning to attend, an
>email to [hidden email] would be appreciated, so I can anticipate
>confirmed numbers.
>
>Cheers,
>Scott

Re: GRASS/QGIS workshop - Dec. 12 (!)

Ravinder Virk

At what time is the workshop scheduled?
P.S.: Wiki link in the email is broken

Ravi

Scott Mitchell wrote:

>I've agreed with Dave to host a GRASS and QGIS workshop as our local
>activity this month.  Due to timing issues between our end of term
>student needs and Dave's schedule, we've settled on next WEDNESDAY,
>Dec 12 for the event.  Please note this has changed from the Dec 13
>previously posted on the Wiki - sorry for the confusion.
>
>Dave, Phil, and I will make sure the lab is in shape this Thursday.
>If anyone is interested in learning about COMPILING GRASS, you're
>welcome to come join us, but this will not be the "official" event.
>Drop me a line privately if GRASS compilation or Linux software
>installation interests you.
>
>Next Wednesday, we'll start in the GIS lab in Loeb A237 at Carleton.
>The Loeb building is near the south-west corner of campus - maps and
>some parking guidance are posted on our wiki page (http://
>wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Ottawa_Chapter#Next_Meeting).  OCTranspo
>also serves the campus through the O-Train, and routes 4, 7, and 117.
>
>After the hands-on session, we'll head to a pub for the social end of
>the meeting.  I'm working on confirming a reservation, and will post
>the details to the wiki when that's finalized.
>
>Drop-ins are most welcome, but if you ARE planning to attend, an
>email to [hidden email] would be appreciated, so I can anticipate
>confirmed numbers.
>
>Cheers,
>Scott

RE: GRASS/QGIS workshop - Dec. 12 (!)

Andrew Ross-2
Hi Scott,

6pm?

Andrew

Re: GRASS/QGIS workshop - Dec. 12 (!)

Scott Mitchell-3

Yes, thanks for pointing out that missing detail.  6pm, Dec 12.

Unfortunately, now Dave can't make it thanks to a suddenly scheduled
tonsillectomy (!), but we'll go ahead anyway as scheduled, instead of
causing new confusion.  We can toast his missing tonsils afterwards :)

Scott

On 5-Dec-07, at 08:56 , Andrew Ross wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> 6pm?
>

> Andrew

Ew, toasting a tonsil just sounds gross. :-)

On a more serious note. Are we meeting this week at all?

Andrew

On 5-Dec-07, at 10:22 , Andrew Ross wrote:

> On a more serious note. Are we meeting this week at all?
>
> Andrew

A couple of people are coming out to the lab tonight to ensure that
the machines are ready, but that's it.  Next week is the main
meeting.  If anyone wants to come socialize but can't / doesn't want
to attend the workshop, I have a reservation at Mike's Place for
afterwards.  I told them we'd likely show up around 8:00, but if
everyone's done with the computers earlier than that, we may head
over early.

Mike's Place is the graduate pub on campus, in the University Centre,
on the second floor.

Cheers,
Scott

RE: GRASS/QGIS workshop - Dec. 12 (!)

Sampson, David
I'll try to get them in a jar and we can all toast them later...

Sorry to bail guys.... I'll be back in the new year an octive higher
maybe...(smirk)

Good luck and have fun...

I tried recuriting some people from around NRCAn. Some realy keen up and
coming GIS folks, I know they'll all feel welcomed.

Cheers