[GRASS-GUI] Re: [GRASS-dev] new screenshots of wxPython GUI

[GRASS-GUI] Re: [GRASS-dev] new screenshots of wxPython GUI

Martin Landa
Hi,

the location wizard has been untouched from April 2007 when Jachym
stoped his work on the GUI. I am planning to take a look at the wizard
after I finish main features of attribute table manager.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <[hidden email]> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *

[GRASS-GUI] Re: [GRASS-dev] new screenshots of wxPython GUI

Michael Barton
Not true at all.

I completely redid it during the summer and all functions work well
now. You can create locations by EPSG, setting custom parameters (a
couple different ways), creating a PROJ4 string, selecting a
georeferenced file, and just making an xy location.

You can also optionally set the default extents and resolution.

There may be some tweaking to do, but it is a fully functioning tool.

Michael

On Dec 3, 2007, at 6:57 AM, Martin Landa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the location wizard has been untouched from April 2007 when Jachym
> stoped his work on the GUI. I am planning to take a look at the wizard
> after I finish main features of attribute table manager.
>
> Martin
>
> 2007/12/3, Wolf Bergenheim <[hidden email]>:
>> On 03.12.2007 10:03, Martin Landa wrote:
>>> Thanks for the feedback, the location wizard needs a lot of
>>> fixes, it
>>> is in my TODO.
>>>

>> The thing which caught my eye was the dialog asking "Do you want
>> to set
>> the default region extents and resolution now?" which had only one
>> button labeled "No". :D
>>
>> I suppose this is still work in progress?
>>
>> --Wolf
>>
>> --
>>
>> <:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>
>>

> --
> Martin Landa <[hidden email]> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/
> ~landa *

____________________
Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

Phone: 480-965-6262
Fax: 480-965-7671
www: <www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton>

[GRASS-GUI] Re: [GRASS-dev] new screenshots of wxPython GUI

Martin Landa
Michael,

sorry, I was not tracking the changes in the location wizard so
carefully... Thanks for your work.

Martin

2007/12/3, Michael Barton <[hidden email]>:

> Not true at all.
>
> I completely redid it during the summer and all functions work well
> now. You can create locations by EPSG, setting custom parameters (a
> couple different ways), creating a PROJ4 string, selecting a
> georeferenced file, and just making an xy location.
>
> You can also optionally set the default extents and resolution.
>
> There may be some tweaking to do, but it is a fully functioning tool.
>
> Michael
>
> On Dec 3, 2007, at 6:57 AM, Martin Landa wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > the location wizard has been untouched from April 2007 when Jachym
> > stoped his work on the GUI. I am planning to take a look at the wizard
> > after I finish main features of attribute table manager.
> >
> > Martin

> >> The thing which caught my eye was the dialog asking "Do you want
> >> to set
> >> the default region extents and resolution now?" which had only one
> >> button labeled "No". :D
> >>
> >> I suppose this is still work in progress?
> >>
> >> --Wolf
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> <:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>
> >>

> > --
> > Martin Landa <[hidden email]> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/
> > ~landa *
>
> ____________________
> C. Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology
> Director of Graduate Studies
> Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Arizona State University
>
> Phone: 480-965-6262
> Fax: 480-965-7671
> www: <www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton>

--
Martin Landa <[hidden email]> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *

[GRASS-GUI] Re: [GRASS-dev] new screenshots of wxPython GUI

Michael Barton
We definitely need to test it to find any problems or places where it is
confusing to use. But AFAICT, it is very functional now.

Michael

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671