GRASS GIS at FOSS4G

Moritz Lennert
Hi everyone,

It seems that we have one workshop accepted on TGRASS, plus the general
"state of the project" presentation, plus several others where GRASS
GIS is used in different forms. Sounds like a nice programme !

I will be in Bucharest from Sunday, Aug 25 afternoon, until Saturday,
Aug 31, mid-day.

The TGRASS workshop is on August 27, 14:00 - 18:00.

I was wondering:

- Who else will be in town at the beginning of the
week ?
- Should we organise some form of small GRASS sprint on Monday and
  Tuesday ?
- Have you all booked housing already ? If not, should we try to find
  some place (e.g. appartment) which could also be a place to work
  together, or should we ask whether a room might be available at the
  FOSS4G premises ?

What do you think ?

Moritz

Re: GRASS GIS at FOSS4G

Moritz Lennert
ping

On 5/06/19 22:21, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> It seems that we have one workshop accepted on TGRASS, plus the general
> "state of the project" presentation, plus several others where GRASS
> GIS is used in different forms. Sounds like a nice programme !
>
> I will be in Bucharest from Sunday, Aug 25 afternoon, until Saturday,
> Aug 31, mid-day.
>
> The TGRASS workshop is on August 27, 14:00 - 18:00.
>
> I was wondering:
>
> - Who else will be in town at the beginning of the
> week ?
> - Should we organise some form of small GRASS sprint on Monday and
>    Tuesday ?
> - Have you all booked housing already ? If not, should we try to find
>    some place (e.g. appartment) which could also be a place to work
>    together, or should we ask whether a room might be available at the
>    FOSS4G premises ?
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Moritz

Re: GRASS GIS at FOSS4G

Luca Delucchi

Il mer 5 giu 2019, 22:21 Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hi everyone,

Hi,
I'm not sure yet to be in Bucharest, but

I will be in Bucharest from Sunday, Aug 25 afternoon, until Saturday,
Aug 31, mid-day.

The TGRASS workshop is on August 27, 14:00 - 18:00.

I was wondering:

- Who else will be in town at the beginning of the
week ?

I should arrive Wednesday

- Should we organise some form of small GRASS sprint on Monday and
  Tuesday ?

If you want space I can ask to the organization...

- Have you all booked housing already ? If not, should we try to find
  some place (e.g. appartment) which could also be a place to work
  together, or should we ask whether a room might be available at the
  FOSS4G premises ?

I didn't book anything yet but I should be hosted by a friend living in Bucharest

What do you think ?

Moritz

Ciao
Luca

Re: GRASS GIS at FOSS4G

Ondřej Pešek
Hi Moritz,

st 5. 6. 2019 v 22:21 odesílatel Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> napsal:
- Who else will be in town at the beginning of the
week ?

Most probably me. I still haven't booked the flight, but I think I will book it either on Sunday or Monday.

- Should we organise some form of small GRASS sprint on Monday and
  Tuesday ?

I would be in.

- Have you all booked housing already ? If not, should we try to find
  some place (e.g. appartment) which could also be a place to work
  together, or should we ask whether a room might be available at the
  FOSS4G premises ?

The same as with tickets. Still haven't booked anything. And I don't have a problem with a shared place.

Ciao,
Ondřej

Re: GRASS GIS at FOSS4G

Markus Neteler

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 10:21 PM Moritz Lennert
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> It seems that we have one workshop accepted on TGRASS, plus the general
> "state of the project" presentation, plus several others where GRASS
> GIS is used in different forms. Sounds like a nice programme !

We have these presentations and workshops (maybe more) here: [1]

Workshop (https://2019.foss4g.org/schedule/workshops/)
* Spatio-temporal data processing and visualization with GRASS GIS -
Veronica Andreo, Martin Landa, Ondřej Pešek, Markus Neteler, Luca
Delucchi, Moritz Lennert

Talks (https://2019.foss4g.org/schedule/general-track/):
* State of GRASS GIS Project: 35 years is nothing! - Markus Neteler,
Veronica Andreo, Anna Petrasova, Moritz Lennert, Martin Landa, Luca
Delucchi, Markus Metz

* GRASS GIS in the cloud: actinia geoprocessing - Carmen Tawalika,
Markus Neteler

* How digging in the earth for the fibre roll-out took GRASS to the
cloud - Markus Neteler, Torsten Drey, Carmen Tawalika, Markus Metz,
Anika Bettge

Academic track (https://2019.foss4g.org/schedule/academic-track/):
* A Tensor Based Framework For Large Scale Spatio-Temporal Raster Data
Processing - Dr. Sukriti Bhattacharya, Christian Braun, Ulrich Leopold

Labs (https://2019.foss4g.org/schedule/labs/)
* ...

There are likely more GRASS GIS related talks, but I didn't scan all :)

> I will be in Bucharest from Sunday, Aug 25 afternoon, until Saturday,
> Aug 31, mid-day.

Me similar, but leaving on Sunday.

> The TGRASS workshop is on August 27, 14:00 - 18:00.
>
> I was wondering:
>
> - Who else will be in town at the beginning of the week ?

I'll be there.

> - Should we organise some form of small GRASS sprint on Monday and
>   Tuesday ?

Sounds great!

> - Have you all booked housing already ?

I'm already settled.

>  If not, should we try to find
>   some place (e.g. appartment) which could also be a place to work
>   together, or should we ask whether a room might be available at the
>   FOSS4G premises ?
>
> What do you think ?

Whom else will come to Bucharest?

Markus

Re: GRASS GIS at FOSS4G

Ondřej Pešek

st 5. 6. 2019 v 22:21 odesílatel Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> napsal:
- Have you all booked housing already ? If not, should we try to find
  some place (e.g. appartment) which could also be a place to work
  together, or should we ask whether a room might be available at the
  FOSS4G premises ?

So what's the state of this? Should I book something on myself or do we want to try to set up a grassy place?

Ondrej

Re: GRASS GIS at FOSS4G

Martin Landa
Hi,

po 15. 7. 2019 v 11:00 odesílatel Ondřej Pešek <[hidden email]> napsal:
>> - Have you all booked housing already ? If not, should we try to find
>>   some place (e.g. appartment) which could also be a place to work
>>   together, or should we ask whether a room might be available at the
>>   FOSS4G premises ?
>>

> So what's the state of this? Should I book something on myself or do we want to try to set up a grassy place?

at the end I would be also interested to join. Our plan to come with
family will be probably cancelled. Ma

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa