GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
20 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Luca Delucchi
Hi devs,

some Italian users notice that r.li modules are not active in GRASS
GIS 6.4.4 on windows, is this correct?
On the GRASS GIS 6.4.4 release announce there is "release include a
complete rewrite of the r.li suite" :-)

best

--
ciao
Luca

http://gis.cri.fmach.it/delucchi/
www.lucadelu.org
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Martin Landa
Hi,

2014-06-27 12:11 GMT+02:00 Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]>:
> some Italian users notice that r.li modules are not active in GRASS
> GIS 6.4.4 on windows, is this correct?
> On the GRASS GIS 6.4.4 release announce there is "release include a
> complete rewrite of the r.li suite" :-)

you are right, I would thought that author of r.li.* updates checked
also availability on Windows. I will try to check what is wrong with
the installer.

Martin

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Luca Delucchi
On 27 June 2014 16:11, Martin Landa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>

Hi

>
> you are right, I would thought that author of r.li.* updates checked
> also availability on Windows. I will try to check what is wrong with
> the installer.
>

Thanks Martin...

> Martin
>

--
ciao
Luca

http://gis.cri.fmach.it/delucchi/
www.lucadelu.org
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Martin Landa
Hi,

2014-06-27 16:36 GMT+02:00 Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]>:
>> you are right, I would thought that author of r.li.* updates checked
>> also availability on Windows. I will try to check what is wrong with
>> the installer.

r.li modules are not simply built on Windows [1]. Any idea why? Martin

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/raster/Makefile#L132

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

wenzeslaus



On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Martin Landa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

2014-06-27 16:36 GMT+02:00 Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]>:
>> you are right, I would thought that author of r.li.* updates checked
>> also availability on Windows. I will try to check what is wrong with
>> the installer.

r.li modules are not simply built on Windows [1]. Any idea why? Martin


I don't know but I hope that the authors discovered by svn blame know. Anyway, blame is such a funny name for a command. Trac's annotate is boring.
[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/raster/Makefile#L132

 
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev


_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

hamish-4
In reply to this post by Martin Landa
Martin wrote:
> r.li modules are not simply built on Windows [1]. Any idea why? Martin
>
> [1]
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/raster/Makefile#L132

yes, the old r.li.* daemon/worker system required unix sockets, and
so would only work in the cygwin build. We never figured out how to
properly support those natively on MS Windows. I believe in the new
backported version of r.li those things are all removed now so it could
have the conditional removed from the Makefile and the modules tested
in a nightly WinGrass build. If it works I'd suggest a setup_6.4.4-2.exe
release be prepared with an altered Makefile. The source code isn't
touched so it wouldn't introduce any platform dependent behavior which
would need a new point release, instead it would only reduce platform
differences.


Luca:
>> I would thought that author of r.li.* updates checked
>> also availability on Windows.

that's all of us; especially big jobs need many testers to check
all angles.



regards,


--
Hamish <[hidden email]>
.
Thought I should join the Yahoo mail diaspora before 30 days
worth of my emails got flushed from everyone's spam boxes never
to be seen again. In the last weeks some have made it to the ML
archives at least, if not to end recipients. Others seem to have
just disappeared into /dev/null. It didn't help that the web
interface had become an unusable gibberish of broken JavaScript
and their IMAP would only transfer the oldest 4% of my inbox.
.
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg87153.html
http://www.spamresource.com/2014/04/up-in-arms-about-yahoos-dmarc-policy.html
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=17891458
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Martin Landa
2014-07-04 12:48 GMT+02:00 Hamish <[hidden email]>:
> yes, the old r.li.* daemon/worker system required unix sockets, and
> so would only work in the cygwin build. We never figured out how to
> properly support those natively on MS Windows. I believe in the new

r.li modules enabled in grass64 in r61153. Please test next build of
grass64-dev (no.13). Martin

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

hamish-4
Hamish wrote:
> > yes, the old r.li.* daemon/worker system required unix sockets, and
> > so would only work in the cygwin build. We never figured out how to
> > properly support those natively on MS Windows.

Martin:
> r.li modules enabled in grass64 in r61153. Please test next build of
> grass64-dev (no.13).

Thanks. I am unable to test for the next weeks, but would appreciate if
someone else could try it.


regards,
Hamish
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Helmut Kudrnovsky
In reply to this post by Martin Landa
Martin Landa wrote
2014-07-04 12:48 GMT+02:00 Hamish <[hidden email]>:
> yes, the old r.li.* daemon/worker system required unix sockets, and
> so would only work in the cygwin build. We never figured out how to
> properly support those natively on MS Windows. I believe in the new

r.li modules enabled in grass64 in r61153. Please test next build of
grass64-dev (no.13). Martin

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
tested with:

GRASS Version: 6.4.5svn                                                        
GRASS SVN Revision: 61153                                                      
GDAL/OGR: 1.11.0                                                                
PROJ4: Rel. 4.8.0, 6 March 2012                                                
Python: 2.7.4                                                                  
wxPython: 2.8.12.1                                                              
Platform: Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2 (OSGeo4W)

it seems only r.li.setup is enabled in winGRASS6.4.5svn.
best regards
Helmut
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Helmut Kudrnovsky
In reply to this post by hamish-4
Hamish wrote
Hamish wrote:
> > yes, the old r.li.* daemon/worker system required unix sockets, and
> > so would only work in the cygwin build. We never figured out how to
> > properly support those natively on MS Windows.

Martin:
> r.li modules enabled in grass64 in r61153. Please test next build of
> grass64-dev (no.13).

Thanks. I am unable to test for the next weeks, but would appreciate if
someone else could try it.


regards,
Hamish
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
tested with GRASS Version: 6.4.5svn                                                        
GRASS SVN Revision: 61153                                                      
GDAL/OGR: 1.11.0                                                                
PROJ4: Rel. 4.8.0, 6 March 2012                                                
Python: 2.7.4                                                                  
wxPython: 2.8.12.1                                                              
Platform: Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2 (OSGeo4W)

couldn't execute "printenv": no such file or directory
while executing
"exec printenv HOME"
invoked from within
"set env(HOME)[exec printenv HOME]"
(file
"C:\OSGeo4W\apps/grass/grass-6.4.5svn/etc/r.li.setup/r.li.setup.main"
line 27)
best regards
Helmut
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Helmut Kudrnovsky
In reply to this post by Helmut Kudrnovsky
Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote
Martin Landa wrote
2014-07-04 12:48 GMT+02:00 Hamish <[hidden email]>:
> yes, the old r.li.* daemon/worker system required unix sockets, and
> so would only work in the cygwin build. We never figured out how to
> properly support those natively on MS Windows. I believe in the new

r.li modules enabled in grass64 in r61153. Please test next build of
grass64-dev (no.13). Martin

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
tested with:

GRASS Version: 6.4.5svn                                                        
GRASS SVN Revision: 61153                                                      
GDAL/OGR: 1.11.0                                                                
PROJ4: Rel. 4.8.0, 6 March 2012                                                
Python: 2.7.4                                                                  
wxPython: 2.8.12.1                                                              
Platform: Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2 (OSGeo4W)

it seems only r.li.setup is enabled in winGRASS6.4.5svn.
and tested in

GRASS Version: 7.0.0svn                                                        
GRASS SVN Revision: 61140                                                      
Erstellungsdatum: 2014-07-08                                                    
Build Platform: i686-pc-mingw32                                                
GDAL/OGR: 1.11.0                                                                
PROJ.4: 4.8.0                                                                  
GEOS: 3.4.2                                                                    
SQLite: 3.7.17                                                                  
Python: 2.7.4                                                                  
wxPython: 2.8.12.1                                                              
Platform: Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2 (OSGeo4W)

r.li.setup is missing here, but all other r.li.*-modules are there.
best regards
Helmut
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Helmut Kudrnovsky
Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote

r.li.setup is missing here, but all other r.li.*-modules are there.
sorry for the noise. it's now g.gui.rlisetup.
best regards
Helmut
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Martin Landa
In reply to this post by Helmut Kudrnovsky
Hi,

2014-07-09 13:25 GMT+02:00 Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]>:

> it seems only r.li.setup is enabled in winGRASS6.4.5svn.

recently I fixed all remaining issues, the most recent build of
6.4.5svn contains all r.li modules. Any testing welcomed... Martin

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Markus Neteler
On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Martin Landa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2014-07-09 13:25 GMT+02:00 Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]>:
>
>> it seems only r.li.setup is enabled in winGRASS6.4.5svn.
>
> recently I fixed all remaining issues, the most recent build of
> 6.4.5svn contains all r.li modules. Any testing welcomed... Martin

Once all is fine we may release 6.4.5 shortly... guess that would be
helpful then.

Markus
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Helmut Kudrnovsky
In reply to this post by Martin Landa
Martin Landa wrote
Hi,

2014-07-09 13:25 GMT+02:00 Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]>:

> it seems only r.li.setup is enabled in winGRASS6.4.5svn.

recently I fixed all remaining issues, the most recent build of
6.4.5svn contains all r.li modules. Any testing welcomed... Martin

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
thanks for enabling the r.li.*-modules; there are there now.

but I'm still confused how to set up the conf file in GRASS 6.4.5svn, as r.li.setup seems to be empty, see attached screenshot.

screenshot
best regards
Helmut
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Martin Landa
Hi,

2014-08-13 10:10 GMT+02:00 Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]>:
> r.li.setup seems to be empty, see attached screenshot.
>
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5156085/WinGrass645svncapture_13082014_100649.png>

I am getting the same dialog on Linux when launching the module from
menu. When launching the module from wxGUI command line I am getting
different dialog (Tcl/Tk configuration tool). Martin

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Helmut Kudrnovsky
Martin Landa wrote
Hi,

2014-08-13 10:10 GMT+02:00 Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]>:
> r.li.setup seems to be empty, see attached screenshot.
>
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5156085/WinGrass645svncapture_13082014_100649.png>

I am getting the same dialog on Linux when launching the module from
menu. When launching the module from wxGUI command line I am getting
different dialog (Tcl/Tk configuration tool). Martin

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
launching the module r.li.setup from wxGUI command line, an error message pops up (already mentioned in this thread):

couldn't execute "printenv": no such file or directory
while executing
"exec printenv HOME"
invoked from within
"set env(HOME)[exec printenv HOME]"
(file
"C:\OSGeo4W\apps/grass/grass-6.4.5svn/etc/r.li.setup/r.li.setup.main"
line 27)

with r.li.setup --ui, the empty r.li.setup-wxgui pops up.

any idea?
best regards
Helmut
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Helmut Kudrnovsky
In reply to this post by Martin Landa
Martin Landa wrote
Hi,

2014-08-13 10:10 GMT+02:00 Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]>:
> r.li.setup seems to be empty, see attached screenshot.
>
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5156085/WinGrass645svncapture_13082014_100649.png>

I am getting the same dialog on Linux when launching the module from
menu. When launching the module from wxGUI command line I am getting
different dialog (Tcl/Tk configuration tool). Martin

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
now conf-file generated in winGRASS7.1svn and the conf file stored e.g.

C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7

some test:

r.li.mps --verbose map=myforest@user1 conf=C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7 output=myforest_mean_patch_size
ERROR: Cannot find configuration file <C:\Users\normal\.r.li\history\C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7>

r.li.padrange --verbose map=myforest@user1 conf=C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7 output=myforest_padrange
ERROR: Cannot find configuration file <C:\Users\normal\.r.li\history\C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7>

r.li.padsd --verbose map=myforest@user1 conf=C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7 output=myforest_padsd
ERROR: Cannot find configuration file <C:\Users\normal\.r.li\history\C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7>

although the path to the conf file is given, it seems it's hard coded where the r.li.*-module looks for the conf file (see doubling the path in the error message)

manually creating the .r.li-folder where the module looks for and manually putting there the conf file, the r.li.*-module is working:

r.li.padsd --verbose map=myforest@user1 conf=C:\Users\normal\.r.li\history\movwindow7 output=myforest_padsd
r.li.padsd komplett. Raster map <myforest_padsd> created.
best regards
Helmut
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Martin Landa
Hi,

please fill ticket on Trac about that. Thanks, Martin

2014-08-13 10:58 GMT+02:00 Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]>:

> Martin Landa wrote
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2014-08-13 10:10 GMT+02:00 Helmut Kudrnovsky &lt;
>
>> hellik@
>
>> &gt;:
>>> r.li.setup seems to be empty, see attached screenshot.
>>>
>>> &lt;http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5156085/WinGrass645svncapture_13082014_100649.png&gt;
>>
>> I am getting the same dialog on Linux when launching the module from
>> menu. When launching the module from wxGUI command line I am getting
>> different dialog (Tcl/Tk configuration tool). Martin
>>
>> --
>> Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
>> _______________________________________________
>> grass-dev mailing list
>
>> grass-dev@.osgeo
>
>> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
>
> now conf-file generated in winGRASS7.1svn and the conf file stored e.g.
>
> C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7
>
> some test:
>
> r.li.mps --verbose map=myforest@user1
> conf=C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7
> output=myforest_mean_patch_size
> ERROR: Cannot find configuration file
> <C:\Users\normal\.r.li\history\C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7>
>
> r.li.padrange --verbose map=myforest@user1
> conf=C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7
> output=myforest_padrange
> ERROR: Cannot find configuration file
> <C:\Users\normal\.r.li\history\C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7>
>
> r.li.padsd --verbose map=myforest@user1
> conf=C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7 output=myforest_padsd
> ERROR: Cannot find configuration file
> <C:\Users\normal\.r.li\history\C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7>
>
> although the path to the conf file is given, it seems it's hard coded where
> the r.li.*-module looks for the conf file (see doubling the path in the
> error message)
>
> manually creating the .r.li-folder where the module looks for and manually
> putting there the conf file, the r.li.*-module is working:
>
> r.li.padsd --verbose map=myforest@user1
> conf=C:\Users\normal\.r.li\history\movwindow7 output=myforest_padsd
> r.li.padsd komplett. Raster map <myforest_padsd> created.
>
>
>
> -----
> best regards
> Helmut
> --
> View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GRASS-GIS-6-4-4-r-li-modules-tp5148344p5156099.html
> Sent from the Grass - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> grass-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev



--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Helmut Kudrnovsky
Martin Landa wrote
Hi,

please fill ticket on Trac about that. Thanks, Martin
done by #2392 #2393
best regards
Helmut