GN4 : set the default extent of the maps

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

GN4 : set the default extent of the maps

Jean Pommier - PI geosolutions
Hi,

I'd like to set the default extents fo the maps (in search and in viewer)

I understand it should be possible to set it in the UI configuration,
but I did not see any difference. I also tried to edit the extent
directly in config-viewer.xml

I have the feeling that one of the things that make it difficult to see
what I'm doing is that the map viewer seems to remember the view from
the last visit and restore it. How can I deactivate this, so that each
time I load the map page, I'm zoomed to the default extent (set in UI
config or in convig-viewer.xml ) ?

Thanks,

Best,

Jean

--

*Jean Pommier -- pi-Geosolutions*

Ingénieur, consultant indépendant

Tél. : (+33) 6 09 23 21 36
E-mail : [hidden email]
Web : www.pi-geosolutions.fr


_______________________________________________
GeoNetwork-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geonetwork-users
GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GN4 : set the default extent of the maps

Francois Prunayre
Hi Jean,

Le jeu. 11 févr. 2021 à 22:53, Jean Pommier <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to set the default extents fo the maps (in search and in viewer)
>
> I understand it should be possible to set it in the UI configuration,
> but I did not see any difference. I also tried to edit the extent
> directly in config-viewer.xml
>
Setting the extent in the map context is the way to go but indeed last map
is restored by default.


I have the feeling that one of the things that make it difficult to see
> what I'm doing is that the map viewer seems to remember the view from
> the last visit and restore it. How can I deactivate this, so that each
> time I load the map page, I'm zoomed to the default extent (set in UI
> config or in convig-viewer.xml ) ?
>

Check the map application configuration in admin > settings > UI
"'' or 'sessionStorage' or 'localStorage'. An empty value means that the
viewer map will not be saved when leaving the application and restored when
coming back."

 HTH
Francois


> Thanks,
>
> Best,
>
> Jean
>
> --
>
> *Jean Pommier -- pi-Geosolutions*
>
> Ingénieur, consultant indépendant
>
> Tél. : (+33) 6 09 23 21 36
> E-mail : [hidden email]
> Web : www.pi-geosolutions.fr
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> GeoNetwork-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geonetwork-users
> GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
>

_______________________________________________
GeoNetwork-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geonetwork-users
GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GN4 : set the default extent of the maps

Jean Pommier - PI geosolutions
Hi François,

Thanks, that's perfect.

Best,

Jean

*Jean Pommier -- pi-Geosolutions*

Ingénieur, consultant indépendant

Tél. : (+33) 6 09 23 21 36
E-mail : [hidden email]
Web : www.pi-geosolutions.fr

Le 12/02/2021 à 07:31, Francois Prunayre a écrit :

> Hi Jean,
>
> Le jeu. 11 févr. 2021 à 22:53, Jean Pommier
> <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I'd like to set the default extents fo the maps (in search and in
>     viewer)
>
>     I understand it should be possible to set it in the UI configuration,
>     but I did not see any difference. I also tried to edit the extent
>     directly in config-viewer.xml
>
> Setting the extent in the map context is the way to go but indeed last
> map is restored by default.
>
>     I have the feeling that one of the things that make it difficult
>     to see
>     what I'm doing is that the map viewer seems to remember the view from
>     the last visit and restore it. How can I deactivate this, so that
>     each
>     time I load the map page, I'm zoomed to the default extent (set in UI
>     config or in convig-viewer.xml ) ?
>
>
> Check the map application configuration in admin > settings > UI
> "'' or 'sessionStorage' or 'localStorage'. An empty value means that
> the viewer map will not be saved when leaving the application and
> restored when coming back."
>
>  HTH
> Francois
>
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Best,
>
>     Jean
>
>     --
>
>     *Jean Pommier -- pi-Geosolutions*
>
>     Ingénieur, consultant indépendant
>
>     Tél. : (+33) 6 09 23 21 36
>     E-mail : [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     Web : www.pi-geosolutions.fr <http://www.pi-geosolutions.fr>
>
>
>     _______________________________________________
>     GeoNetwork-users mailing list
>     [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geonetwork-users
>     <https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geonetwork-users>
>     GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
>     http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
>     <http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork>
>

_______________________________________________
GeoNetwork-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geonetwork-users
GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork