GN3.6 home page and language how they work

GN3.6 home page and language how they work

frippe12573
Hi all,

I'm working with the new GN 3.6.0 version.
I just realised that if I set the language different from English in the
home page menu,
the layout of the home page changes.
For example the icons including in the 'Browse by' frame of the home
disappear,
reestablish the English language every thing work fine.
Do you know why? Could you explain why the language change the visualization
of the home page?
Consider that I had to modify the file home.html to set the browse by
categories.

Any help is very welcome.

Cheers,

Eugenio

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

Re: GN3.6 home page and language how they work

Francois Prunayre
Hi, maybe try to go to admin console > settings and change the language
config for the search to ignore UI language

* Search only in requested language = All doc in all languages (no
preference)
* Prefer UI Language = false

Cheers.

Francois

Le jeu. 21 mars 2019 à 09:31, frippe12573 <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working with the new GN 3.6.0 version.
> I just realised that if I set the language different from English in the
> home page menu,
> the layout of the home page changes.
> For example the icons including in the 'Browse by' frame of the home
> disappear,
> reestablish the English language every thing work fine.
> Do you know why? Could you explain why the language change the
> visualization
> of the home page?
> Consider that I had to modify the file home.html to set the browse by
> categories.
>
> Any help is very welcome.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Eugenio
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html

R: GN3.6 home page and language how they work

frippe12573
Hi,

here below my settings for languages in Admin console -> settings -> System settings:

  *   Enable auto-detecting search request language: unchecked
  *   Search only in requested language: Prefer documents with translations requested language
  *   Search results in requested language sorted on top: unchecked
  *   Characters to ignore when analyzing text: empty
  *   Prefer UI Language: checked

I tried and seems it works now.

However, I think this is a sort of workaround. I wonder why in all other languages
the home page appears differently and the frame 'Browse by' doesn't contain anything.
Consider I made some modification in config-summary.xml just to allow user to choose
even the GN categories.
Any hints on that?

Cheers,

Eugenio

________________________________

Re: GN3.6 home page and language how they work

Francois Prunayre
Le mar. 26 mars 2019 à 09:48, Eugenio Trumpy <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> Hi,
>
> here below my settings for languages in Admin console -> settings ->
> System settings:
>
>    - Enable auto-detecting search request language: unchecked
>    - Search only in requested language: Prefer documents with
>    translations requested language
>    - Search results in requested language sorted on top: unchecked
>    - Characters to ignore when analyzing text: empty
>    - Prefer UI Language: checked
>
> I tried and seems it works now.
>
> However, I think this is a sort of workaround. I wonder why in all other
> languages
> the home page appears differently and the frame 'Browse by' doesn't
> contain anything.

Facets are affected by the "Prefer documents with translations requested
language" option.
In multilingual metadata catalogue context, it may make sense for some
fields and not for others (eg. keywords related to a multilingual
thesaurus) ...
All current multilingual options we have now are (I think) too complex and
that could be simplified (and clarified) in the future.

Francois