GN 3.2.0 Import MEF-Files - Thumbnails will not display

GN 3.2.0 Import MEF-Files - Thumbnails will not display

Schigl Christian
hello list,

running GN 3.2.1 on Linux RedHat, Tomcat 7 and (at the moment) H2 database I'm trying to import some 400 metadata-items located in an MEF structure (which I create via FME exporting them from our former metadata-solution).

Importing works well - but the thumbnails (located in the 'public' subdirectory) will not show up :

When I edit an imported record in GeoNetwork I see  a broken link  under "Associated resources" .

When i click the edit-button to the right of it in the field "URL" I see the correct filename of the thumnail-image as defined in the info.xml of my MEF-File (for example 2920.jpg) - but with a broken link where the "Overview" should be seen.. (Fig. 1 in the 1st screenhot)

Then, clicking the "select the ressource" button in the right part of the form (Fig. 2 in the 1st screenhot), the field "URL" is updated with the full, correct path to the imported thumbnail and the picture is available (2nd screenshot):
http://servername.xxx.com:9999/geonetwork_3.2.1/srv/api/records/e4d8180c-fea7-4d94-8136-db62f24f214a/attachments/2920.jpg
(see screenshots).

I guess I am missing some settings :
_What do I have to do in order to import the thumbnails correctly ? _

thanks in advance ,

regards,
Christian

thumbnail_import_1.jpg (22K) Download Attachment
thumbnail_import_2.jpg (69K) Download Attachment

Re: GN 3.2.0 Import MEF-Files - Thumbnails will not display

sulu
Hi Christian.

I have noticed the same phenomenon on my GN-3-Test.
The strange thing was when i went to "+ Contribute" an there opened the Privileges-Tab of a dataset and didn't change anything, but "Saved" the privileges the thumbnails for that dataset merrily showed up afterwards.
I dont know what actually happened whitin the system but after repeating that procedure for all the rest of our metadata (400 datasets) all the thumbnails are displayed reliably.

Hope that helps

Andy

Re: GN 3.2.0 Import MEF-Files - Thumbnails will not display

Jose Garcia
Hi

This should be related to this open issue:
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/issues/1730

Regards,
Jose García

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>