GML invalid datasource error (0.8.0 & 0.8.1) WindowsXP

GML invalid datasource error (0.8.0 & 0.8.1) WindowsXP

Tim Waters (chippy)
Hello,

I am trying to open a gml file (e.g. airports.gml found from here http://examples.oreilly.com/webmapping/ )
and am getting an Invalid Datasource error : "C:/Airports.gml is not a valid or recognised datasource". Searched the lists, forums and irc logs but couldn't find anything similar occurring.

I have to use gdal to convert to shapefile in order to import it into qgis.

I'm using 0.8.0 and 0.8.1 binaries on windows xp  - Do I have to install something else? (Thought the binaries had all necessary dependent libraries?)

Many thanks,

Tim