GISQuick developer meeting

Jachym Cepicky-5
Hi all,

since things are moving, I would like to ask you, whether it would be
possible to meet during the week

8 - 12. July 2019

In Prague for one day and night

To discuss current status of development, further plans and status of
financial resources for now and for the future.

We have at least one, maybe two new coming developers, who are now
willing to push GISQuick further and it would be good to see each
other face to face.

About current financial status: Sofar the work is financed by
OpenGeoLabs s.r.o. We have one customer Mapotip.cz who is selling
mapping applications throughout Czech republic and that's all we have.
Although we are very thankful for this resource, we are aware, that is
not too big step towards GISQuick stability. Even it's only one
uncertain resource, it's an resource and we try to use it as
effectively as possible. We have two agreements: current development
with current (old - angular and OL3) libraries is financed from our
pocket and will be invoiced during winter.

Any further development (update of libraries - OL 6, Vue.js, QGIS 3,
new required features) will be payed on monthly-basis with agreed
budget. But this has one condition, we can not influence: Mapotip has
to sell the apps. We shall see during summer, how the situation will
develop and I'll keep you informed.

I believe I can promise you, that agreed work will be always payed -
in worst scenario - by OpenGeoLabs. No work should remain unpaied. But
it's not certain, whether we will have to stop the work in next two
months or whether we will continue for next 2 years. I'm sorry for
promoting your expectations too high in my last e-mails. This is
conclusion from our last meeting. Next time, I have take "the sales
man factor" in to account.

Still, we should be prepared (and look for other resources too) and
the meeting would be useful.

Can you come? Still interested in GISQuick?

Thank you all for current and past work on GISQuick!

Jáchym

P.S. I'm sending this to public mailing list too, in case, someone
else want's to join or maybe as resources to help with GISQuick's
suitability.
--
Jachym Cepicky
firma: OpenGeoLabs s.r.o.

OpenGeoLabs s.r.o. - Open Source software pro GIS • Vývoj •
Poradenství • Školení

Re: GISQuick developer meeting

Marcel Dancak
Hi Jáchym,

I should have some time for Gisquick development and meeting in July sounds good to me.

Marcel

pi 21. 6. 2019 o 11:43 Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> napísal(a):
[...]

Martin Landa (OpenGeoLabs s.r.o.)
Hi,

po 24. 6. 2019 v 20:33 odesílatel Marcel Dancak <[hidden email]> napsal:
> I should have some time for Gisquick development and meeting in July sounds good to me.

same here, Martin

--
Ing. Martin Landa, PhD.

OpenGeoLabs s.r.o. | http://opengeolabs.cz
Brandlova 1559/7, Chodov, 149 00 Praha 4
Tel. +420 607 294 730

Re: GISQuick developer meeting

Jachym Cepicky-5
Hi, all

I've started Doodle pool to find special day in this week

https://doodle.com/poll/nvd4g7gr5ai8sa24

Thank you for your initiative

Jachym

po 24. 6. 2019 v 22:47 odesílatel Martin Landa (OpenGeoLabs s.r.o.)

--
Jachym Cepicky
firma: OpenGeoLabs s.r.o.
e-mail: jachym.cepicky opengeolabs cz
telefon: +420 723 185 957

OpenGeoLabs s.r.o. - Open Source software pro GIS • Vývoj •
Poradenství • Školení

Re: GISQuick developer meeting

Jachym Cepicky-5
Hi all,
according to doodle [1] and personal message from Martin, we can not
manage to meet all together during one day.

I suggest, we prolong this to 2 days meeting with e.g. Monday's social
evening in local pub (GISQuick pivo)

Monday 8.7.
Tuesday 9.7.

I suggest, we start Monday afternoon e.g. 13:00 (Jachym, David,
Clemens, (Marcel?)), will to to pub (around 19:00) and will continue
on Tuesday morning since 10:00 (9?) with Jachym, Marcel, Martin and
David, if he still be in the mood till reasonable afternoon/evening.

Program:
Monday
Works for Mapotip client, what needs to be done on current version
(only little fixes), plans for next version of GISQuick (Vue.js, fresh
libraries .. ) with Mapotip client  needs and priorities in mind

Tuesday
Report from Monday, more input from Marcel (I guess) to the libraries
update, moving from QGIS 2 to QGIS 3 (Martin).

Does this work for you?

Thanks

Jachym

P.S. Anybody from the list can join of course

[1] https://doodle.com/poll/nvd4g7gr5ai8sa24?utm_campaign=poll_added_participant_admin&utm_medium=email&utm_source=poll_transactional&utm_content=gotopoll-cta#table

po 24. 6. 2019 v 23:27 odesílatel Jachym Cepicky

--
Jachym Cepicky
firma: OpenGeoLabs s.r.o.
e-mail: jachym.cepicky opengeolabs cz
telefon: +420 723 185 957

OpenGeoLabs s.r.o. - Open Source software pro GIS • Vývoj •
Poradenství • Školení

Re: GISQuick developer meeting

Jachym Cepicky-5
Hi all,

I started wiki page in our github repo with some agenda, please feel
free to add details if there is topic you would like to discuss

[1] https://github.com/gislab-npo/gisquick/wiki/Developer-meeting-2019

pá 28. 6. 2019 v 17:12 odesílatel Jachym Cepicky

--
Jachym Cepicky
firma: OpenGeoLabs s.r.o.
e-mail: jachym.cepicky opengeolabs cz
telefon: +420 723 185 957

OpenGeoLabs s.r.o. - Open Source software pro GIS • Vývoj •
Poradenství • Školení

Re: GISQuick developer meeting

Martin Landa (OpenGeoLabs s.r.o.)
Hi,

so 29. 6. 2019 v 10:35 odesílatel Jachym Cepicky
<[hidden email]> napsal:
> I started wiki page in our github repo with some agenda, please feel
> free to add details if there is topic you would like to discuss
>
> [1] https://github.com/gislab-npo/gisquick/wiki/Developer-meeting-2019

btw, is a venue fixed? If not what about NTK [1]. To my knowledge it
would be 50CZK per hour.

Ma

[1] https://www.techlib.cz/cs/2699-rezervace-tymovych-studoven

--
Ing. Martin Landa, PhD.

OpenGeoLabs s.r.o. | http://opengeolabs.cz
Brandlova 1559/7, Chodov, 149 00 Praha 4
Tel. +420 607 294 730

Re: GISQuick developer meeting

Jachym Cepicky-5
No it's not.

Can you please make the reservation - it's great place IMHO.

For 2 days?

st 3. 7. 2019 v 11:00 odesílatel Martin Landa (OpenGeoLabs s.r.o.)

--
Jachym Cepicky
firma: OpenGeoLabs s.r.o.
e-mail: jachym.cepicky opengeolabs cz
telefon: +420 723 185 957

OpenGeoLabs s.r.o. - Open Source software pro GIS • Vývoj •
Poradenství • Školení

Re: GISQuick developer meeting

Martin Landa (OpenGeoLabs s.r.o.)
Hi,

st 3. 7. 2019 v 11:11 odesílatel Jachym Cepicky
<[hidden email]> napsal:
> Can you please make the reservation - it's great place IMHO.

I can do, but on Monday I will come later probably after 2pm. That's
problem because you would need my CTU card to enter the booked room.

Ma

--
Ing. Martin Landa, PhD.

OpenGeoLabs s.r.o. | http://opengeolabs.cz
Brandlova 1559/7, Chodov, 149 00 Praha 4
Tel. +420 607 294 730

Re: GISQuick developer meeting

Jachym Cepicky-5

after long discussions: I made reservation at Žižkov in Kavárna
Pracovna [1], which is in walk distance from Prague-Main station
(railway station) [2] or you simply take any tram going from Hlavní
nádraží up to the hill [3], it's one stop.

There is wifi and nice cafe (the food and drinks will be provided by
OpenGeoLabs)

Thank you all for joining us - please just drop me a note, when do you
plan to attend

Jachym

[1] http://pracovna.cz/kavarna/
[2] https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3219010176