GH Actions

Paul Ramsey
Pleased to report that we now have added GitHub actions to our ever growing zoo of CI platforms.

https://github.com/libgeos/geos/actions

Makes getting a PR tested nice and quick. We also have the comprehasive, 50 million test matrix in Azure Pipelines, but I wanted to have something like our existing Travis set that would complete fairly fast and test both CMake and autotools builds. So the Azure Pipelines yaml provided a good starting point and I cut it back and matched up the tests to Travis more. All the jobs run in parallel and it's not queing up, as Travis seems to do more and more.

Unfortunately, unlike Travis, GH Actions does not have any nifty architecture options like ARM, but maybe that will change shortly as ARM cloud stuff seems to be happening quickly.

P.

Re: GH Actions

Sandro Santilli-4
On Fri, Nov 06, 2020 at 11:07:41AM -0800, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Pleased to report that we now have added GitHub actions to our ever growing zoo of CI platforms.
>
> https://github.com/libgeos/geos/actions

Great, could you add that to the wiki as well ?

Also, since you're having fun with actions, can you see if there's
a way to attach an action to the "merge" green button, for having it
do something different (for a start: nothing, eventually: ping a web
url which will do the right thing).

> Unfortunately, unlike Travis, GH Actions does not have any nifty architecture options like ARM, but maybe that will change shortly as ARM cloud stuff seems to be happening quickly.

In case anyone missed it: Drone supports ARM since 2018, we may look
at using that:
https://blog.drone.io/drone-announces-official-support-for-arm/

--strk;