GEOS 3.7.0 beta end this week

Regina Obe
strk,

You think we can have a beta end this week or you still working on stuff.  I
volunteer to do the release.

Was just waiting for you last time.

Thanks,
Regina

Re: GEOS 3.7.0 beta end this week

Sandro Santilli-4
On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 06:14:29PM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:
> strk,
>
> You think we can have a beta end this week or you still working on stuff.  I
> volunteer to do the release.
>
> Was just waiting for you last time.

Master branch is in a little rework state at the moment, due to
C++11 being enforced. Also I had not started working on the fixes

I suggest we wait another week or two.
Meanwhile maybe we can fix the web hooks of winnie and debbie ?
https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/842

--strk;

Re: GEOS 3.7.0 beta end this week

Regina Obe
I thought we were going to wait for that change in GEOS 3.8 but I see you guys have started already.

Take your time.  2 weeks is going to be too late to release a beta in time for PostGIS 2.4.0 and since you have a biggish C++11 thing in there we might want to do an alpha first anyway.

So I guess I'll have to be shipping PostGIS 2.4.0 on windows with 3.6.2. instead of 3.7.0.  Pity.

Perhaps for PostGIS 2.4.1 we'll be ready.

Regarding the hooks.  Manually triggering them works.  Can you verify you are calling the hooks.  Your hook code looks okay.
I fixed the badges in both source and trac.

Thanks,
Regina

On Sat, Sep 09, 2017 at 07:37:28PM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:

> Regarding the hooks.  Manually triggering them works.  Can you verify you are calling the hooks.  Your hook code looks okay.

The hook had syntax errors, now it should be ok, but it suffers
from another problem:

Problem accessing
/view/GEOS/job/GEOS_Branch_hooks/buildWithParameters.
Reason: Not Found

That means the hook script cannot be generic unless you turn
the branch name in to a parameter instead of part of the URI.

BTW: /view/GEOS/job/GEOS_Master/buildWithParameters exists
     /view/GEOS/job/GEOS_Branch_3.6/buildWithParameters does not
shouldn't it exist ?

--strk;

Re: GEOS 3.7.0 beta end this week

Mateusz Loskot
On 10 Sep 2017 1:37 am, "Regina Obe" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I thought we were going to wait for that change in GEOS 3.8 but I see you guys have started already.

Or tag/branch master at last commit before first C++11 change.

Mateusz

Re: GEOS 3.7.0 beta end this week

Regina Obe

> BTW: /view/GEOS/job/GEOS_Master/buildWithParameters exists
   >   /view/GEOS/job/GEOS_Branch_3.6/buildWithParameters does not shouldn't it exist ?

> --strk;

I see it

https://debbie.postgis.net:444/view/GEOS/job/GEOS_Branch_3.6/

I deleted all the old trunks on Winnie.

I see it on Debbie too:

https://debbie.postgis.net/view/GEOS/job/GEOS_Branch_3.6/

Re: GEOS 3.7.0 beta end this week

Regina Obe

> I thought we were going to wait for that change in GEOS 3.8 but I see you guys have started already.

> Or tag/branch master at last commit before first C++11 change.

> Mateusz

Mat,

It's not a huge deal.  PostGIS 2.4.0 only relies on GEOS 3.7.0 for the ST_FrechetDistance function.  I'd probably be the only packager jumping to include it anyway.

It's not like it was when releasing GEOS 3.5.0 and all the cool new stuff coming in PostGIS 2.2 relied on 3.5.

Packagers can use it in PostGIS 2.4.1  if they need a stable release – the function just won't be enabled out of the gate is all and will throw an error "requires GEOS 3.7.0" is all.

Thanks,

Regina