GEM wizard in wxPython

ychemin
Hi all,

Anybody could "mentor" a wxPython newbie into getting a GEM Wizard up and
running?

:)

Aim:
1-List some predefined Extensions
2-Select any, then download it
3-Run Gem on the .tgz file downloaded (supposed you already are in root)

Thanks
Yann

--
Yann Chemin
Sainte-Anne d'Auray, France

Re: GEM wizard in wxPython

Jachym Cepicky
Hi,

basically, there are two possibilities: Use standard python packages or
using CLI commands. In current wxGRASS gui, commands are used, to avoid
new dependences. So, I would vote for some "wget+parsing" sollution.

For example, how to create wizard using wxpython, see wizard example in
wxpython demo
(http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPython-demo-2.8.4.0.tar.bz2)

I put together nearly-working new location wizard, if you will be able
to follow the code.

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: GEM wizard in wxPython

ychemin
Hi Jachym,

Yes, the wget+parsing is tempting, i just need to figure out how to do all
that...

could you tell me where i can find your New Location Wizard, maybe I'll get a
hint to do that for GEM.

Thanks
Yann

--
Yann Chemin
Sainte-Anne d'Auray, France

Re: GEM wizard in wxPython

Jachym Cepicky
Hi,

Yann píše v Po 21. 05. 2007 v 18:12 +0700:
> Hi Jachym,
>
> Yes, the wget+parsing is tempting, i just need to figure out how to do all
> that...
>
> could you tell me where i can find your New Location Wizard, maybe I'll get a
> hint to do that for GEM.

well,

svn co https://grasssvn.itc.it/svn/grassaddons/trunk/grassaddons addons

cd addons/gui/

$EDITOR location_wizard.py

but it is a mess -  I need to clean this. try to take it really only as
an example.

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: [hidden email]
GPG: http://www.les-ejk.cz/pgp/jachym_cepicky-gpg.pub

Re: GEM wizard in wxPython

ychemin
Adding for information about how the process goes:

GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ >wget -c
http://www.uni-kiel.de/ufg/dateienDucke/RasterTools.tar.gz
GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > su
Password:
root@arvro:/home/yann# gem6 -i RasterTools.tar.gz
Uncompressing files...DONE.
Checking extension ...DONE.
Configuring...DONE.
Compiling...DONE.
Installing...DONE.
root@arvro:/home/yann# exit
GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > gis.m

Resulting GUI is attached

--
Yann Chemin
Sainte-Anne d'Auray, France

gem_gui.png (79K) Download Attachment

Re: GEM wizard in wxPython

ychemin
Created a script for actual GEM installs:

GRASS 6.3.cvs (root):/home/yann/coding/grassaddons/gipe > m.gem -a
--21:10:00--
http://www.uni-kiel.de/ufg/dateienDucke/AdvancedViewshedAnalysis.tar.gz
Resolving www.uni-kiel.de... 134.245.12.21
Connecting to www.uni-kiel.de|134.245.12.21|:80... connected.
Length: 397489 (388K) [application/x-gzip]
--21:10:04--
http://www.uni-kiel.de/ufg/dateienDucke/AdvancedViewshedAnalysis.tar.gz
Reusing existing connection to www.uni-kiel.de:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
.....(download going on here)
Uncompressing files...DONE.
Checking extension ...DONE.
Configuring...DONE.
Compiling...DONE.
Installing...DONE.

GRASS 6.3.cvs (root):/home/yann/coding/grassaddons/gipe >

Now, the only problem is to get into superuser permission while running the
script.

Any idea anyone?

--
Yann Chemin
Sainte-Anne d'Auray, France

gem_gui1.png (5K) Download Attachment

Re: GEM wizard in wxPython

Michael Barton
Jachym,

I did a bunch of update work on the wizard awhile back, so it is almost
done. Still waiting on some kind of update to g.proj or g.setproj to make
the manual location creation work. I guess we could just go ahead with the
epsg, georeferenced file, and related parts and ask again for an update to
make the other part work.

Michael

On 5/21/07 4:27 AM, "Jachym Cepicky" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Yann píše v Po 21. 05. 2007 v 18:12 +0700:
>> Hi Jachym,
>>
>> Yes, the wget+parsing is tempting, i just need to figure out how to do all
>> that...
>>
>> could you tell me where i can find your New Location Wizard, maybe I'll get a
>> hint to do that for GEM.
>
> well,
>
> svn co https://grasssvn.itc.it/svn/grassaddons/trunk/grassaddons addons
>
> cd addons/gui/
>
> $EDITOR location_wizard.py
>
> but it is a mess -  I need to clean this. try to take it really only as
> an example.
>
> Jachym
>

>> Thanks
>> Yann
>>
>> On Monday 21 May 2007 17:44, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> basically, there are two possibilities: Use standard python packages or
>>> using CLI commands. In current wxGRASS gui, commands are used, to avoid
>>> new dependences. So, I would vote for some "wget+parsing" sollution.
>>>
>>> For example, how to create wizard using wxpython, see wizard example in
>>> wxpython demo
>>> (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPython-demo-2.8.4.0.tar.bz2)
>>>
>>> I put together nearly-working new location wizard, if you will be able
>>> to follow the code.
>>>
>>> Jachym

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671

Re: GEM wizard in wxPython

Jachym Cepicky
Hi,

Michael Barton píše v Po 21. 05. 2007 v 08:18 -0700:
> Jachym,
>
> I did a bunch of update work on the wizard awhile back, so it is almost
> done. Still waiting on some kind of update to g.proj or g.setproj to make
> the manual location creation work. I guess we could just go ahead with the
> epsg, georeferenced file, and related parts and ask again for an update to
> make the other part work.
>
> Michael

while ago, I had to fix some bugs to :-) Yes, he have to make g.setproj
more usable for our needs. I'll look at it

Jachym

> On 5/21/07 4:27 AM, "Jachym Cepicky" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > Yann píše v Po 21. 05. 2007 v 18:12 +0700:
> >> Hi Jachym,
> >>
> >> Yes, the wget+parsing is tempting, i just need to figure out how to do all
> >> that...
> >>
> >> could you tell me where i can find your New Location Wizard, maybe I'll get a
> >> hint to do that for GEM.
> >
> > well,
> >
> > svn co https://grasssvn.itc.it/svn/grassaddons/trunk/grassaddons addons
> >
> > cd addons/gui/
> >
> > $EDITOR location_wizard.py
> >
> > but it is a mess -  I need to clean this. try to take it really only as
> > an example.
> >
> > Jachym
> >

> >> Thanks
> >> Yann

> Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Arizona State University
>
> phone: 480-965-6213
> fax: 480-965-7671

Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: [hidden email]
GPG: http://www.les-ejk.cz/pgp/jachym_cepicky-gpg.pub

Re: GEM wizard in wxPython

Michael Barton
Jachym,

On my way to work, I was thinking that maybe we already have the tools we
need with g.proj. We should be able to create a default WIND file, PROJINFO,
and PROJUNITS files.

Michael

)

Michael Barton píše v Po 21. 05. 2007 v 11:57 -0700:
> Jachym,
>
> On my way to work, I was thinking that maybe we already have the tools we
> need with g.proj. We should be able to create a default WIND file, PROJINFO,
> and PROJUNITS files.

hi, not sure about this, but I was away for long time, I'll check it

jachym