GEE, TMS and Geoserver

van Ingen, Erik

Dear Geoserver community,

I am considering a direct pipe with Google Earth Engine (GEE) for raster data. This to avoid pre-generating raster data with GEE, storing and serving it. We currently use Node.js to run GEE batches and probably would prefer to stick with Node.js.

I have this solution in mind: Implement a TMS in Node.js which connects to GEE with a Google service account for pulling the raster data. Publish this TMS endpoint in Geoserver. Eventually I could use this as a start for TMS https://github.com/naturalatlas/tilestrata

Would this work? Are there better ways of doing this?

Kind Regards,
Erik

Erik van Ingen

Digital Innovation Consultant

Room A012

Information and Communications Technology Division

Via Paolo di Dono 44, 00142 Rome, Italy

Mob. +39 3331311211

www.ifad.org

cid:image002.png@01D495F9.EE4AC5A0

cid:image003.png@01D495F9.EE4AC5A0

cid:image004.png@01D495F9.EE4AC5A0

cid:image005.png@01D495F9.EE4AC5A0

cid:image006.png@01D495F9.EE4AC5A0

~~ The information contained in or accompanying this email and any attachment thereto, is intended solely for the use of the stated recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment by anyone who is not a stated recipient is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system without retaining a copy. ~~

Re: GEE, TMS and Geoserver

francbartoli
Hi Erik,

Are you thinking to export somewhere raster data from GEE?
At the moment you would have two format options [1] [2] at the price of having a Google Cloud Storage. No other options for a persistent solution. In case [1] you could specify an additional option to having a Cloud Optimised GeoTIFF which would already have tiles internally and might be used directly from the bucket to serve remotely them without the need of ingesting it into GeoServer.
However, for any Image object in GEE you can call the API in node.js and generate an internal GEE tile service (TMS map) which is not permanent since it expires after six hours. In this case you would end up with an URL from GEE.

Hope this helps
Regards,
Francesco

Il giorno 24 apr 2019, alle ore 15:22, van Ingen, Erik <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

[...]

<image006.png>

If you want to request a feature or an improvement, also see this: https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Successfully-requesting-and-integrating-new-features-and-improvements-in-GeoServer