GDAL and Multithreading

Crispin_at_Linknode
Hi,

Last year we sponsored the GDAL quality improvements project (and previously I specified the direct Oracle - ArcSDE data provider extensions) so we now have beautifully scaled raster images in mapping.

Our raster maps are primarily used as tiled mapping in our projects and so the performance hit of the bi-linear interpolation is not always a concern - however, in both tile-cache creation and dynamic mapping with rasters the single-thread of the current provider is a bottleneck.

I would be interested in hearing from interested parties (there are a few usual-suspects who I hope are available) who could scope-up and cost the project to see if we can fund an RFC.

I am happy to have an open discussion on the forum or private email chat.

 Many thanks for your thoughts - Crispin