GDAL/OGR with GRASS vector support

kabs1969
Hi all,

I have in my machine GRASS 6.4.3svn for Windows 7. However, it does not have GDAL/OGR support. Is there any Windows library available to add
that support to existing GRASS installation or any other alternative?

Cheers, Brian

Re: GDAL/OGR with GRASS vector support

Markus Neteler
On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Brian Sanjeewa Rupasinghe
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have in my machine GRASS 6.4.3svn for Windows 7. However, it does not have
> GDAL/OGR support. Is there any Windows library available to add
> that support to existing GRASS installation or any other alternative?

To better help you, please tell us where you got the package from
(URL).

Markus

Many thanks. I downloaded it from SVN nightly WinGRASS 6 builds (WinGRASS-6.4.3svn-r54263-437.setup.exe) from http://grass.osgeo.org/download/software/ms-windows/ site.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have in my machine GRASS 6.4.3svn for Windows 7. However, it does not have
> GDAL/OGR support. Is there any Windows library available to add
> that support to existing GRASS installation or any other alternative?

To better help you, please tell us where you got the package from
(URL).

Markus

Re: GDAL/OGR with GRASS vector support

kabs1969
Actually i wanted to read GRASS vector Geometry with Python OGR bindings. When i open the Vector file with ogr, it does not exist and Python interpreter gave the error shown below (see Python code as well). Then in GRASS GUI at command line i typed ogrinfo --formats to see if OGR vector formats; GRASS available, but it is not found.

from osgeo import ogr
ds = ogr.Open('D:/UEL/GrassGISDB/SLD99/LBS/vector/CluterCleaned/head')
layer = ds.GetLayer(0)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#2>", line 1, in <module>
    layer = ds.GetLayer(0)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'GetLayer'