Fwd: nomination of Kampart Piyathamrongchai from Thailand

Fwd: nomination of Kampart Piyathamrongchai from Thailand

Vasile Crăciunescu
Forwarding Kampart Piyathamrongchai nomination by Sittichai Choosumrong.
The 2017 member nominations list will be updated ASAP [1].

Best regards,
Vasile & Jeff
2017 OSGeo Elections CROs

Re: Fwd: nomination of Kampart Piyathamrongchai from Thailand

Venkatesh Raghavan
I would like to second this nomination.
Dr. Kampanart is deeply committed to
OSGeo and and a strong member of
the OSGeo.TH community.

Best

Venka

On 8/31/2017 11:59 PM, Vasile Craciunescu wrote:

> Forwarding Kampart Piyathamrongchai nomination by Sittichai
> Choosumrong. The 2017 member nominations list will be updated ASAP [1].
>
> Best regards,
> Vasile & Jeff
> 2017 OSGeo Elections CROs
>
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/New_Member_Nominations_2017

jody.garnett
You folks have any more information on Kampart Piyathamrongchai's contributions? The wiki page does not provide much to go on.
On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 9:11 PM Venkatesh Raghavan <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would like to second this nomination.
Dr. Kampanart is deeply committed to
OSGeo and and a strong member of
the OSGeo.TH community.

Best

Venka

On 8/31/2017 11:59 PM, Vasile Craciunescu wrote:
> Forwarding Kampart Piyathamrongchai nomination by Sittichai
> Choosumrong. The 2017 member nominations list will be updated ASAP [1].
>
> Best regards,
> Vasile & Jeff
> 2017 OSGeo Elections CROs
>
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/New_Member_Nominations_2017

Jody Garnett

Re: Fwd: nomination of Kampart Piyathamrongchai from Thailand

Song, Xianfeng
+1 for the nomination of Kampart Piyathamrongchai.
Best regards,
Song, Xianfeng

hhayashi
Hi,

+1 for nomination of Dr. Kampart Piyathamrongchai.

Best,
Hayashi.

OSGeo.JP
 http://www.osgeo.jp
APPLIED TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD.

MANAGER
Engineering headquarters
Geospatial Information Section
GIS Expert

HIROFUMI HAYASHI
[hidden email]

Umeda Center Bldg. 2-4-12 Nakazakinishi
Kitaku, Osaka 530-0015 JAPAN

  Tel: 06-6373-6121
  Fax: 06-6373-6126

+1 for nomination of Dr. Kampart Piyathamrongchai.

Best regards,
Kenya.

On Aug 31, 2017 at 23:59, Vasile Craciunescu <[hidden email]> wrote:

Forwarding Kampart Piyathamrongchai nomination by Sittichai Choosumrong.
The 2017 member nominations list will be updated ASAP [1].

Best regards,
Vasile & Jeff
2017 OSGeo Elections CROs

Re: Fwd: nomination of Kampart Piyathamrongchai from Thailand

jody.garnett
In today's osgeo meeting we discussed how to handle nominations that are light on details. This email thread (and wiki page https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Meogeo) is an example.

Can I ask the people who have seconded this nomination to provide information on what positive attribute Dr. Kampart Piyathamrongchai displays in the our community to be considered as a charter member.

For reference here is the positive attributes list from the membership process we are following:

Recommended membership selection criteria include:
    • Members should believe in the general goals of the Foundation. To support and promote the use of free and open source geospatial software, education and data in a collaborative manner.
    • Previous participation in or support of OSGeo activities
    • The person should already have made a contribution to free and open source geospatial software, education or open data.
    • The person should be willing to put in time and effort on the Foundation, perhaps joining committee(s), or volunteering in some other way that gets the Foundation going.
    • Members should be prepared to work constructively and positively towards the goals of the Foundation. Good teamwork skills are an asset.
Membership nominations should strive to promote diversity:
    • Nominate members representing a diversity of geographic regions, diversity of projects, diversity of programming languages.
    • Nominate members representing and diversity of interests (e.g., corporate, hobbyist, educational, scientific).
    • Nominate members representing a diversity of humanity including gender and race
This is a reference to my own ignorance of Dr. Kampart Piyathamrongchai activities and no slight is intended or implied!

--
Jody Garnett

On 7 September 2017 at 00:16, 林博文 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Mobile: <a href="tel:+66%2091%20767%202963" value="+66917672963" target="_blank">+66 91 767 2963