Fwd: nomination of Anujit Vanasarochana from Thaialnd

Fwd: nomination of Anujit Vanasarochana from Thaialnd

Vasile Crăciunescu
Forwarding Anujit Vansarochana nomination by Sittichai Choosumrong. The
2017 member nominations list will be updated ASAP [1].

Best regards,
Vasile & Jeff
2017 OSGeo Elections CROs

Re: Fwd: nomination of Anujit Vanasarochana from Thaialnd

Dr. Sarawut Ninsawat
Dear All,

I second the nomination of Anujit  look forward to him serving as OSGeo
Charter Member. I have been a member of the OSGeo.TH community since the
beginning

and actively participates in all events and also helps with managing
them. He is a member of several national projects which use OSGeo
software exclusively and extensively.

His dedication and experience makes him a great OSGeo Charter

Member,

Best regards,

Sarawut

--
Dr. Sarawut NINSAWAT
Assistant Professor

P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
Telephone: (66 2) 524 6406
Fax: (66 2) 524 5597

58 Moo 9, Km. 42, Paholyothin Highway
Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand

Re: Fwd: nomination of Anujit Vanasarochana from Thaialnd

Song, Xianfeng
+1 for the nomination of Anujit Vansarochana.
Best regards,
Song

Kenya Tamura/田村賢哉

+1 for nomination of Dr. Anujit Vansarochana.

Best regards,
Kenya.

--------------------
氏名:田村賢哉(Kenya TAMURA)
所属:首都大学東京大学院システムデザイン研究科
   NPO法人 伊能社中
携帯電話:090-6063-6784
PCメール:[hidden email]
--------------------
地理歴史デジタル教育の研究と普及活動をしております。
詳しくは http://www.inochu.org/

On Aug 31, 2017 at 8:19, Vasile Craciunescu <[hidden email]> wrote:

Forwarding Anujit Vansarochana nomination by Sittichai Choosumrong. The
2017 member nominations list will be updated ASAP [1].

Best regards,
Vasile & Jeff
2017 OSGeo Elections CROs

Re: Fwd: nomination of Anujit Vanasarochana from Thaialnd

hhayashi
+1 for nomination of Dr. Anujit Vansarochana.

Best regards,

Hayashi.

OSGeo.JP
 http://www.osgeo.jp
APPLIED TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD.

MANAGER
Engineering headquarters
Geospatial Information Section
GIS Expert

HIROFUMI HAYASHI
[hidden email]

Umeda Center Bldg. 2-4-12 Nakazakinishi
Kitaku, Osaka 530-0015 JAPAN

  Tel: 06-6373-6121
  Fax: 06-6373-6126

+1 for nomination of Dr. Anujit Vansarochana.

Best regards,
Kenya.

--------------------
氏名:田村賢哉(Kenya TAMURA)
所属:首都大学東京大学院システムデザイン研究科
   NPO法人 伊能社中
携帯電話:090-6063-6784
PCメール:[hidden email]
--------------------
地理歴史デジタル教育の研究と普及活動をしております。
詳しくは http://www.inochu.org/

On Aug 31, 2017 at 8:19, Vasile Craciunescu <[hidden email]> wrote:

Forwarding Anujit Vansarochana nomination by Sittichai Choosumrong. The
2017 member nominations list will be updated ASAP [1].

Best regards,
Vasile & Jeff
2017 OSGeo Elections CROs

Re: Fwd: nomination of Anujit Vanasarochana from Thaialnd

jody.garnett
Can I ask the people who have seconded this nomination to provide information on what positive attribute Dr. Anujit Vansarochana displays in the our community to be considered as a charter member.

For reference here is the positive attributes list from the membership process we are following:

Recommended membership selection criteria include:
  • Members should believe in the general goals of the Foundation. To support and promote the use of free and open source geospatial software, education and data in a collaborative manner.
  • Previous participation in or support of OSGeo activities
  • The person should already have made a contribution to free and open source geospatial software, education or open data.
  • The person should be willing to put in time and effort on the Foundation, perhaps joining committee(s), or volunteering in some other way that gets the Foundation going.
  • Members should be prepared to work constructively and positively towards the goals of the Foundation. Good teamwork skills are an asset.
Membership nominations should strive to promote diversity:
  • Nominate members representing a diversity of geographic regions, diversity of projects, diversity of programming languages.
  • Nominate members representing and diversity of interests (e.g., corporate, hobbyist, educational, scientific).
  • Nominate members representing a diversity of humanity including gender and race
This is a reference to my own ignorance of Dr. Anujit Vansarochana activities and no slight is intended or implied. I have tried to search the discussion email list, geoforall email list and osgeo wiki to learn more.

--
Jody Garnett

On 7 September 2017 at 00:15, 林博文 <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mobile: <a href="tel:+66%2091%20767%202963" value="+66917672963" target="_blank">+66 91 767 2963

OSGeo Charter member 2014, Thailand.
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Sittichai_choosumrong
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Sittichai_choosumrong>
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

Re: Fwd: nomination of Anujit Vanasarochana from Thaialnd

Study
Dear Jody,

The Thai FOSS4G community has been in existence since 2004
and is vibrant and growing. Both the OSGeo.TH and the Thai QGIS community,
(over 2000 members) is active and growing.

Our present charter members from Thailand and the ones proposed this years are leading
the growth and spread of OSGeo/FOSS4G in Thailand. Anujit, Kampanart, Sittichai (in alphabetical
order), and henceforth referred to as the "Naresuan Univeristy Team", are leading this tremendous
effort with commitment and vigor.

The "Naresuan Team" is  active in developing curriculum for teaching and research using FOSS4G
tools such as QGIS, GeoServer, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, GRASS-GIS and ZOO-Project.

Kampanart, is involved in teaching spatial analysis and geospatial programming
using QGIS and Python as well as propriety GIS tools. Kampanart do many research/project based on Open Source Software for Thai government (Ministry of natural Resources and Environment, National Institute for Emergency Medicine etc.)

Anujit, is teaching Remote Sensing, GIS application and disaster mitigation and using QGIS and recently R-Statistical package. Also do research works and has friendly relations with any others Thailand geo-informatics instructors, thus he can make any more linkage collaboration for OSGeo community to any south-east asia research groups. https://wiki.osgeo.org/images/2/2f/Open_source_related_act.pdf

The "Naresuan Team" has also been instrumental in developing educational material
(text books in Thai Language) for Open Source Spatial database (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/305062475_xeksarprakxbkarsxnraywichakarcadkarthankhxmullaeathankhxmulphumisarsnthes_104333 )and are presently
developing a text book for Web and Mobile-GIS undergraduate/post-graduate teachings.

They organize training and workshops using OSGeo software and Jeff McKenna
was one of the early visitor invited by the "Naresuan Team" to conduct a very
successful MapServer workshop. Venka, also had the privilege of  presenting at
workshops organized by "Naresuan Team". The most recent one was held under
the auspices OSGeo.TH in August, 2017.

Apart for teaching, Kamparnart and Anujit are implementing several funded
projects for environmental management (mangroves), disaster mitigation
(flood, landslides, medical emergency system) and environmental monitoring
(weather, in-door sensor for poultry farming etc.). They extensively and exclusively
use OSGeo tools for developing and deploying geospatial solutions as part of
these projects.

The "Naresuan Team" is also recently involved in Open Hardware and IoT
applications.

Mr. Chingchai, a post-graduate student  groomed by the Naresuan Team
successfully participated in OSGeo GSoC 2016 and Dr. Sittichai is
a mentor OSGeo GSoC 2017. So, the "Naresuan Team" is contributing
code to OSGeo.

As Charter Members who have either nominated or seconded the
candidature of Anujit and Kamparnart, it our pleasure to provide
these additional details about their individual contributions as well
as team efforts.

Best regards

Sittichai and Venka

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 1:42 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Lecturer in Spatial DBMS, Internet and Mobile GIS Mapping based on FOSS4G
Dept. of Natural Resources & Environment;
Faculty of Agriculture Natural Resources and Environment, Naresuan University, 65000
Office: +66 55 96 2753
Fax: +66 55 96 2750
Mobile: +66 91 767 2963

OSGeo Charter member 2014, Thailand.  https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Sittichai_choosumrong
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

Re: Fwd: nomination of Anujit Vanasarochana from Thaialnd

Maria Antonia Brovelli

Dear Jody

I'm a bit disappointed about this request. Many people were seconded as charter members simply typing +1 and the name of the person seconding.

Why do you want more explanation from Hayashi-san and Kenya-san and you didn't ask in other cases?

Hayashi-san and Kenya-san  are our charter members (they have the characteristics that you had listed). To better say, they are great charter members, relevant contributors to the Japanese and Asian Community. They don't deserve a behaviour different from all the other charter members. We didn't request explanation about the support, only about nomination. Please don't frustrate the volunteers of our community creating differential requests. Obviosly Hayashi and Kenya are able to provide pieces of information but they are also asking themselves why this different behaviour with them. And me too, I ask you: why? do you have some pieces of information about the people who were nominated that I don't have?

Best,

Maria

Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by you:

http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4 "Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)" http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.htmlBoard of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board

UN-GGIM Academic Network Deputy Chair, UN-GGIM Italy, UN OpenGIS Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)

Sol Katz Award 2015

P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)

Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,  [hidden email][hidden email]

[...]

氏名:田村�t哉(Kenya TAMURA)
所属:首都大学�|京大学院システムデザイン研究科
   NPO法人 伊能社中
携�‰��:090-6063-6784
PCメ�`ル:[hidden email]
地理�s史デジタル教育の研究と普及活�婴颏筏皮�ります。
[...]

Mobile: <a href="tel:&#43;66%2091%20767%202963" value="&#43;66917672963" target="_blank"> +66 91 767 2963