Fwd: [SoC] Google Summer of Code ideas page: action required latest by February 5th!

Fwd: [SoC] Google Summer of Code ideas page: action required latest by February 5th!

Jonas Eberle
Dear all,

OSGeo will again apply for the Google Summer of Code this year. I would recommend to take part again with PyWPS and I would also again volunteer as a mentor. First of all we would need an updated ideas page. We can copy the ideas from the 2016 ideas page [1], but maybe there are also some other (more important?) ideas to cover by a student?

Cheers,
Jonas

Re: Fwd: [SoC] Google Summer of Code ideas page: action required latest by February 5th!

Jonas Eberle
Dear list,

please see Luis' comment below. I am able to take up the Mapserver link.

Best,
Jonas

----- Am 30. Jan 2017 um 20:39 schrieb Luí­s Moreira de Sousa <[hidden email]>:
Hi again,

I will put my name again for WPS 2.0. I will slice it to have basic parsing first and progressively go after functionality. Is there any volunteer to take up the Mapserver bit?

I urge the other PSC members to visit and update the Wiki page before the 5th of February. If there is something next to your name that you are not able to mentor, please delete it (or hide it).

Is there anyone not in the PSC that wishes to mentor a GSoC project with PyWPS? Please come forward ;)

Regards.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Im Grund 6

Phone: +41 (0)79 812 62 65

OSGeo will again apply for the Google Summer of Code this year. I would recommend to take part again with PyWPS and I would also again volunteer as a mentor. First of all we would need an updated ideas page. We can copy the ideas from the 2016 ideas page [1], but maybe there are also some other (more important?) ideas to cover by a student?

Cheers,
Jonas

Re: Fwd: [SoC] Google Summer of Code ideas page: action required latest by February 5th!

Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus-2

Hi to all

I have been doing work on the geoserver REST, so if necessary I can replace Jachym in this topic

Any objections ???

On 30-01-17 21:44, Jonas Eberle wrote:
[...]

ISRIC - World Soil Information
Post: PO box 353, 6700 AJ, Wageningen,
The Netherlands Visiting Address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708 PB
Wageningen (Bdg. 101),
Office: C.013
Office Phone: +31 (0) 317 4 83715
Mobile Phone: +31 (0) 613 9 06950
Skype: jorge.de.jesus (Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus)
OpenPGPKey: 0xA3D0065A

Re: Fwd: [SoC] Google Summer of Code ideas page: action required latest by February 5th!

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
Nope, please go ahead and update the Wiki. I'll take WPS 2.0 together with Jachym (still need to write up the text.

What needs to be done to notify OSGeo?

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Im Grund 6

Phone: +41 (0)79 812 62 65

[...]

From the OSGeo SoC mailinglist:

"only a few days are left for preparing nice GSoC ideas pages! Interested OSGeo projects, please send your link to this years OSGeo-GSoC-admin team via [hidden email]."