Fwd: Requesting colour or grey-scale orthophoto image of specific date for detection and mapping a peat fire

Fwd: Requesting colour or grey-scale orthophoto image of specific date for detection and mapping a peat fire

Heidi Van Deventer
Dear Colleagues,

I wonder if anyone can advise on available images for an old peat fire of 2010. Please see my request below, which was directed to DRDLR, however, since they are closed till 17 April, I am looking for alternative avenues to continue working on it. Any advice?

Thanks
Heidi
>>> Heidi Van Deventer 2020/04/06 15:37 >>>
Dear Sales,

I am trying to map a peat fire for the Leipoldtville wetland, which occurred between 31 May and 5 June 2010.
The 1:50 000 topomap area is 3218AB.

Please can you advise whether you have any colour or grey-scale images available for this area?

Kind regards,
Heidi

Dr Heidi van Deventer
Senior GIS/RS Researcher
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Natural Resources Enabling Infrastructure and Professional Services
Building 33 CSIR Pretoria
Tel: +27 12 841 2507
ORCID iD: 0000-0002-7854-2155
Registered Professional with the South African Geomatics Council, SAGC GISc Practitioner

Leipoldtville_wetland_kml.kml (32K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: Requesting colour or grey-scale orthophoto image of specific date for detection and mapping a peat fire

phathutshedzo eugene
You can use Landsat 7, use the thermal bands to do your mapping and analysis. Available at USGS.

On Mon, 06 Apr 2020, 17:27 Heidi Van Deventer, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Colleagues,

I wonder if anyone can advise on available images for an old peat fire of 2010. Please see my request below, which was directed to DRDLR, however, since they are closed till 17 April, I am looking for alternative avenues to continue working on it. Any advice?

Thanks
Heidi
>>> Heidi Van Deventer 2020/04/06 15:37 >>>
Dear Sales,

I am trying to map a peat fire for the Leipoldtville wetland, which occurred between 31 May and 5 June 2010.
The 1:50 000 topomap area is 3218AB.

Please can you advise whether you have any colour or grey-scale images available for this area?

Kind regards,
Heidi

Dr Heidi van Deventer
Senior GIS/RS Researcher
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Natural Resources Enabling Infrastructure and Professional Services
Building 33 CSIR Pretoria
Tel: +27 12 841 2507
ORCID iD: 0000-0002-7854-2155
Registered Professional with the South African Geomatics Council, SAGC GISc Practitioner

Re: Fwd: Requesting colour or grey-scale orthophoto image of specific date for detection and mapping a peat fire

Luncedo Ngcofe

Dear Heidi

You can try and access CD:NGI dataset from the portal: www.cdngiportal.co.za

Regards
 Luncedo

I wonder if anyone can advise on available images for an old peat fire of 2010. Please see my request below, which was directed to DRDLR, however, since they are closed till 17 April, I am looking for alternative avenues to continue working on it. Any advice?

Thanks
Heidi
>>> Heidi Van Deventer 2020/04/06 15:37 >>>
Dear Sales,

I am trying to map a peat fire for the Leipoldtville wetland, which occurred between 31 May and 5 June 2010.
The 1:50 000 topomap area is 3218AB.

Please can you advise whether you have any colour or grey-scale images available for this area?

Kind regards,
Heidi

Dr Heidi van Deventer
Senior GIS/RS Researcher
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Natural Resources Enabling Infrastructure and Professional Services
Building 33 CSIR Pretoria
Tel: +27 12 841 2507
ORCID iD: 0000-0002-7854-2155
Registered Professional with the South African Geomatics Council, SAGC GISc Practitioner

Fwd: Requesting colour or grey-scale orthophoto image of specific date for detection and mapping a peat fire

Vutomi Ndlovu
Hi Heidi,

Please check the images using the portal: http://www.cdngiportal.co.za/cdngiportal/

Regards

On Monday, 6 April 2020, Heidi Van Deventer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
> I wonder if anyone can advise on available images for an old peat fire of 2010. Please see my request below, which was directed to DRDLR, however, since they are closed till 17 April, I am looking for alternative avenues to continue working on it. Any advice?
> Thanks
> Heidi
> Dear Sales,
> I am trying to map a peat fire for the Leipoldtville wetland, which occurred between 31 May and 5 June 2010.
> The 1:50 000 topomap area is 3218AB.
> Please can you advise whether you have any colour or grey-scale images available for this area?
> Kind regards,
> Heidi
>
> Dr Heidi van Deventer
> Senior GIS/RS Researcher
> Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
> Natural Resources Enabling Infrastructure and Professional Services
> Building 33 CSIR Pretoria
> Tel: +27 12 841 2507
> https://www.csir.co.za/heidi-van-deventer
> ORCID iD: 0000-0002-7854-2155
> Registered Professional with the South African Geomatics Council, SAGC GISc Practitioner

Re: Fwd: Requesting colour or grey-scale orthophoto image of specific date for detection and mapping a peat fire

Francis Twumasi

Hello Luncedo,
The link to the NGI portal is rather:
www.cdngiportal.co.za/cdngiportal