Fwd: Re: [Projects] FOSS4G 2015 logo

James Klassen
Any objections to adding the FOSS4G 2015 logo to the GeoMoose website
(using same method as was used for 2014)?

Re: Fwd: Re: [Projects] FOSS4G 2015 logo

Eli Adam
On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Any objections to adding the FOSS4G 2015 logo to the GeoMoose website
> (using same method as was used for 2014)?

Sounds good to me.

From my experience on the FOSS4G LOC end I was pondering of if it
would be worth making a current.foss4g.org/logo.png and
redirect.foss4g.org so that these updates could be made in one
location and update all websites.  But there are usually different
sizes and colors of logos and it is nice if projects list their
presentations of workshops, etc.  It was a passing thought that I
haven't refined or tested yet.  Any thoughts from a project
perspective of if this would be desirable?

Eli

blammo
Eli,

I had some similar thoughts at one time.  The more I thought about it though, the more work it seemed to entail getting going.  Simply figuring out standard sizes for logos would be an interesting exercise.  Although it's something that you could implement slowly over time.  Another thought was to suggest that OSGeo keep some sort of rolling list/matrix available related to FOSS4G events and which projects that might be featured at each one for presentations.  With the appropriate page anchors you could open the list at a particular project automatically as a link from the project website into the list showing where that project is being presented.  Then you add a map into the mix, and use it in the demos of each product, and the . . .

Well, you see where this all goes if you keep thinking about it too much  :c)

Bobb

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Jim Klassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Any objections to adding the FOSS4G 2015 logo to the GeoMoose website
> (using same method as was used for 2014)?

Sounds good to me.

From my experience on the FOSS4G LOC end I was pondering of if it would be worth making a current.foss4g.org/logo.png and redirect.foss4g.org so that these updates could be made in one location and update all websites.  But there are usually different sizes and colors of logos and it is nice if projects list their presentations of workshops, etc.  It was a passing thought that I haven't refined or tested yet.  Any thoughts from a project perspective of if this would be desirable?

Eli