Fwd: Re: [Mapbender-users] using Mapbender 2.7 and http_auth

Fwd: Re: [Mapbender-users] using Mapbender 2.7 and http_auth

armin11
should go to list ;-)

Re: Re: [Mapbender-users] using Mapbender 2.7 and http_auth

Michael Schulz
Hi Armin,

after some more testing and searching through the various
documentation on this subject, I'm pretty sure that it will work at
the moment only on php as an apache-module environment: this is
because with CGI the $_Server-Variables PHP_AUTH_* are not present.

It seems that we would need some more apache rewriting to also enable
the CGI case.

Cheers, Michael

Am 30. November 2010 07:45 schrieb Armin Retterath
<[hidden email]>:

> should go to list ;-)

Michael Schulz
[hidden email]

in medias res

Schwimmbadstraße 2
D-79100  Freiburg i. Br.

Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-102
Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-0
Fax: +49 (0)761 705798-09

http://www.webgis.de / http://www.zopecms.de

Re: Re: [Mapbender-users] using Mapbender 2.7 and http_auth

Michael Schulz
Hi Armin,

one just needs to find the right documentation...

You just need to add this rewrite_rule to you apache configuration:
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

and then also php-cgi can use the http_auth mechanism.

One more question: while testing this with QGIS as client, I got the
qgis info, that the getmap url is different from the capabilities url.
When examining the XML it shows that the capabilities-URL uses the
http_auth address, while the getmap/getfeatureinfo/... use the
owsproxy URL. Is that intended behaviour?

Cheers, Michael

P.S.: After some more successfull testing I will add this information
to the wiki page.