Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] osgeo budget 2019

Markus Neteler
FYI: See below for great news!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jody Garnett <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 7:52 PM
Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] osgeo budget 2019
To: OSGeo Discussions <[hidden email]>

Gotten a couple folks asking for an update, the budget has indeed passed:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2019

The vast majority of budget request have been met as requested, with
the board scaling back some of its own activities, and combing events
and code sprints to make this happen.

For the details on how to work with your budget we have some draft
being assembled here (TLDR: OSGeo trusts you, work with your committee
officer, officer contacts the treasurer as needed).

If you have questions please reply to this email thread, or contact a
board member for clarification.
--
Jody Garnett

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] osgeo budget 2019

jody.garnett
I did note in your budget a "GRASS GIS Community Sprint" item, is there a reason this was requested in your committee budget (rather than through the code sprint guidelines?) I ask because PostGIS made similar arrangements and I wanted to ask if there is a pattern we could fix?

Personally I feel it offers a lot more to event organizers, but if it is being misunderstood and not used we can drop it.
--
Jody Garnett

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 at 10:55, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
FYI: See below for great news!

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] osgeo budget 2019

Markus Neteler
Jody,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 8:26 PM Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I did note in your budget a "GRASS GIS Community Sprint" item, is there a reason this was requested in your committee budget (rather than through the code sprint guidelines?) I ask because PostGIS made similar arrangements and I wanted to ask if there is a pattern we could fix?

Well, apparently we mixed up the items (while having requested
Community Sprint budget support in the past through the separate code
sprint request option).

We understood that we would have to add all expected expenses into this round.
Maybe we didn't carefully read the instructions.

> Personally I feel it offers a lot more to event organizers, but if it is being misunderstood and not used we can drop it.

That would drop from this request and enable us to request it
separately (as we do have plans to organize a GRASS GIS Community
Sprint later this year) ?

thanks
Markus