Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo AGM 2020 virtual event on 10 September 2020: 13:00 UTC

Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo AGM 2020 virtual event on 10 September 2020: 13:00 UTC

Victoria Rautenbach
Dear All

The annual OSGeo AGM will take place on 10 September at 13:00 UTC via
Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/93949230197) or streaming through YouTube (the
link will be posted on the Wiki just before 13:00 UTC).

During the AGM, the various projects and local chapters will give an
update on their activities, and there will be some BOFs afterwards
(see the wiki for details or to propose a session,
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2020).

Hope that you will be able to join us.

Regards
Victoria

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo AGM 2020 virtual event on 10 September 2020: 13:00 UTC

gavinf
Thanks Victoria

I’ve made some tweaks to the OSGeo Africa slide. I’ll be at the AGM but only for the first hour so probably won’t be able to present that slide.

Enock, Msilikale, how about one of you presenting it? Or another volunteer?

Msilikale do you want to add something about plans for the next FOSS4G Africa?

We need a volunteer also to take the mantle of leading the OSGeo Africa community and to finally take it through the process of formal registration with OSGeo.

Gavin

PS: This community also has a Telegram channel https://t.me/osgeoafrica that was started around FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam.

> On 07 Sep 2020, at 21:04, Victoria Rautenbach <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear All
>
> The annual OSGeo AGM will take place on 10 September at 13:00 UTC via
> Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/93949230197) or streaming through YouTube (the
> link will be posted on the Wiki just before 13:00 UTC).
>
> During the AGM, the various projects and local chapters will give an
> update on their activities, and there will be some BOFs afterwards
> (see the wiki for details or to propose a session,
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2020).
>
> Hope that you will be able to join us.
>
> Regards
> Victoria

Enock Seth Nyamador-2
Sure, Gavin. I will be present. Thanks for tweaking the slides and the valid point on Chaptership plus leaders.

best,
Enock

-Enock