Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019

Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019

adam steer-2
Let's get a tgp proposal in!


---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Till Adams <[hidden email]>
Date: Sat., 9 Feb. 2019, 01:07
Subject: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019
To: Conference Dev <[hidden email]>


Dear CC!

We just got the confirmation from the board, that we have 25k US $ in
2019 for our Travel Grant Programmes.

The idea is, that we want to dedicate 50-60% of this to the TGP of the
global event (so this year for Bucharest - in case they apply for a TGP
;-)).

The idea for the rest of the money is to give out a call to the
community, that regional events can apply also for some TGP funding,
given that they accept the application criteria (as defined in [1]).

I'd like to push out that call quite fast and give a 3 or 4 week
timeframe for organizers to apply. This gives every event owner the same
chance and we do not have a "first comes, first serves" - which
definetely would prefer events, that takeplace earlier in the year... .

In case we have more requests than money, we need a clear and
transparent decision process, which is the main task I fear.

Any comments on this or ideas on how to define a decision process?


So far, I wish you all a nice weekend!

Till



[1] Steven and John Bryant workd hard on a draft of the application
criteria
(here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kzu9z_4BRMzCc5y9SsE7--GnShL30kPGnh7gXlqJspQ/edit?usp=sharing)
It will go live on the OSGeo wiki over the weekend.

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev

_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019

Jonah Sullivan
Thanks for forwarding this.

I'll start working on it this week.

On Sat, 9 Feb. 2019, 12:15 adam steer <[hidden email] wrote:
Let's get a tgp proposal in!


---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Till Adams <[hidden email]>
Date: Sat., 9 Feb. 2019, 01:07
Subject: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019
To: Conference Dev <[hidden email]>


Dear CC!

We just got the confirmation from the board, that we have 25k US $ in
2019 for our Travel Grant Programmes.

The idea is, that we want to dedicate 50-60% of this to the TGP of the
global event (so this year for Bucharest - in case they apply for a TGP
;-)).

The idea for the rest of the money is to give out a call to the
community, that regional events can apply also for some TGP funding,
given that they accept the application criteria (as defined in [1]).

I'd like to push out that call quite fast and give a 3 or 4 week
timeframe for organizers to apply. This gives every event owner the same
chance and we do not have a "first comes, first serves" - which
definetely would prefer events, that takeplace earlier in the year... .

In case we have more requests than money, we need a clear and
transparent decision process, which is the main task I fear.

Any comments on this or ideas on how to define a decision process?


So far, I wish you all a nice weekend!

Till



[1] Steven and John Bryant workd hard on a draft of the application
criteria
(here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kzu9z_4BRMzCc5y9SsE7--GnShL30kPGnh7gXlqJspQ/edit?usp=sharing)
It will go live on the OSGeo wiki over the weekend.

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania

_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019

adam steer-2
Hey Jonah - great! Just make sure it's coordinated with the board and in particular the conference loc.

On that front, where do people think tgp coordination sits - with the osgeo Oceania board, or with conference committees? 

I think the conference loc, because they're the operational unit and have responsibility to execute/manage tgp with respect to each conference (which will be different each time).

Cheers



_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019

John Bryant
I'd see this as sitting with the conference committee, if that group is willing and able to take it on. Of course, the CC hasn't actually formed yet, but perhaps this can be on the agenda for the first meeting? The Letter of Intent specifically references a TGP so it seems likely to be considered a priority.

I'd also see the need for the CC to pull together at least a first draft of a budget before we can really estimate what our TGP can look like, financially.

And as an update, relevant to budget discussions, we're currently waiting on the SSSI board to agree with our request to carry forward the outstanding balance ($8700) of the Good Mojo Fund. I believe it will be on the agenda for their next board meeting, within next couple of weeks I think (Kerry?).

Cheers
John

On Sat., 9 Feb. 2019, 3:03 pm adam steer, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Jonah - great! Just make sure it's coordinated with the board and in particular the conference loc.

On that front, where do people think tgp coordination sits - with the osgeo Oceania board, or with conference committees? 

I think the conference loc, because they're the operational unit and have responsibility to execute/manage tgp with respect to each conference (which will be different each time).

Cheers


_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania

_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019

Greg Lauer
I think that the TGP is far wider than just the annual conference, and thus should be coordinated/managed at board level. As well as funding travel to the annual conference I think there is scope to make funds available for travel to other related conferences, training (inbound and outbound), and any other initiatives that meets the vision of OSGeo Oceania. Maybe this is a Working Group or a sub-committee role. I see funding coming from multiple sources such as AID agencies, commercial entities and other associations (SSSI for example). It may be that we set up a separate TGP for each conference/event but the funding/governance is coordinated at a much wider level,

The above said I think it is important to 'strike while the iron is hot', and follow up on the FOSS GIS funding opportunity ASAP. I am happy to assist Jonah in putting together the application.

Cheers

Greg

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 6:16 PM John Bryant <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'd see this as sitting with the conference committee, if that group is willing and able to take it on. Of course, the CC hasn't actually formed yet, but perhaps this can be on the agenda for the first meeting? The Letter of Intent specifically references a TGP so it seems likely to be considered a priority.

I'd also see the need for the CC to pull together at least a first draft of a budget before we can really estimate what our TGP can look like, financially.

And as an update, relevant to budget discussions, we're currently waiting on the SSSI board to agree with our request to carry forward the outstanding balance ($8700) of the Good Mojo Fund. I believe it will be on the agenda for their next board meeting, within next couple of weeks I think (Kerry?).

Cheers
John

On Sat., 9 Feb. 2019, 3:03 pm adam steer, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Jonah - great! Just make sure it's coordinated with the board and in particular the conference loc.

On that front, where do people think tgp coordination sits - with the osgeo Oceania board, or with conference committees? 

I think the conference loc, because they're the operational unit and have responsibility to execute/manage tgp with respect to each conference (which will be different each time).

Cheers


_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania

_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019

adam steer-2
Hi all

…as always, I’m happy to help on the Mojo/TGP front, and I’d like to hear Daniel chime in here - there may be visions/plans afoot in the LOC already, and in the OSGeo TGP funding sense the LOC must be the primary drivers (see the cookbook referenced here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kzu9z_4BRMzCc5y9SsE7--GnShL30kPGnh7gXlqJspQ). While it might seem onerous/inflexible, OSGeo aims to make sure that TGP money is used for one thing only - getting people to conferences.

It seems natural for ‘Good Mojo’ contributions to be managed by OSGeo Oceania, and delivered to conference LOCs per their requests for TGP/inclusivity measures - more or less how TGPs work in OSGeo, actually. However, I’m not certain we’ve had that conversation yet and this may be pre-empting discussion.

Wider outreach/travel funding is a separate issue, and needs to be discussed in the context of funding the organisation more generally.

So yes, we need to move - but not rush. I apologise if my overly-brief note indicated a need to act immediately-as-in-right-now-on-a-weekend.

Cheers

Adam




On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 at 21:47, Greg Lauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think that the TGP is far wider than just the annual conference, and thus should be coordinated/managed at board level. As well as funding travel to the annual conference I think there is scope to make funds available for travel to other related conferences, training (inbound and outbound), and any other initiatives that meets the vision of OSGeo Oceania. Maybe this is a Working Group or a sub-committee role. I see funding coming from multiple sources such as AID agencies, commercial entities and other associations (SSSI for example). It may be that we set up a separate TGP for each conference/event but the funding/governance is coordinated at a much wider level,

The above said I think it is important to 'strike while the iron is hot', and follow up on the FOSS GIS funding opportunity ASAP. I am happy to assist Jonah in putting together the application.

Cheers

Greg

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 6:16 PM John Bryant <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'd see this as sitting with the conference committee, if that group is willing and able to take it on. Of course, the CC hasn't actually formed yet, but perhaps this can be on the agenda for the first meeting? The Letter of Intent specifically references a TGP so it seems likely to be considered a priority.

I'd also see the need for the CC to pull together at least a first draft of a budget before we can really estimate what our TGP can look like, financially.

And as an update, relevant to budget discussions, we're currently waiting on the SSSI board to agree with our request to carry forward the outstanding balance ($8700) of the Good Mojo Fund. I believe it will be on the agenda for their next board meeting, within next couple of weeks I think (Kerry?).

Cheers
John

On Sat., 9 Feb. 2019, 3:03 pm adam steer, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Jonah - great! Just make sure it's coordinated with the board and in particular the conference loc.

On that front, where do people think tgp coordination sits - with the osgeo Oceania board, or with conference committees? 

I think the conference loc, because they're the operational unit and have responsibility to execute/manage tgp with respect to each conference (which will be different each time).

Cheers


_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania


--

_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019

Cameron Shorter

Re where the TGP sits:

* I expect people involved in the TGP will likely have a foot in both the LOC and Board, so for this round, it won't matter much who makes the final call.

* As we have all noticed, the LOC has a significant amount of work to do. The more non-core tasks that can be out-sourced to external sub-committees, the better. (This also allows for external expertise to be developed between years and carried over between conferences.)

* I see core tasks as being tasks which are bound to the physical location, and probably also the financial success.

* For everything else, I'd err on suggesting that we try to source a leader from outside of the core LOC.

On 9/2/19 10:16 pm, adam steer wrote:
Hi all

…as always, I’m happy to help on the Mojo/TGP front, and I’d like to hear Daniel chime in here - there may be visions/plans afoot in the LOC already, and in the OSGeo TGP funding sense the LOC must be the primary drivers (see the cookbook referenced here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kzu9z_4BRMzCc5y9SsE7--GnShL30kPGnh7gXlqJspQ). While it might seem onerous/inflexible, OSGeo aims to make sure that TGP money is used for one thing only - getting people to conferences.

It seems natural for ‘Good Mojo’ contributions to be managed by OSGeo Oceania, and delivered to conference LOCs per their requests for TGP/inclusivity measures - more or less how TGPs work in OSGeo, actually. However, I’m not certain we’ve had that conversation yet and this may be pre-empting discussion.

Wider outreach/travel funding is a separate issue, and needs to be discussed in the context of funding the organisation more generally.

So yes, we need to move - but not rush. I apologise if my overly-brief note indicated a need to act immediately-as-in-right-now-on-a-weekend.

Cheers

Adam




On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 at 21:47, Greg Lauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think that the TGP is far wider than just the annual conference, and thus should be coordinated/managed at board level. As well as funding travel to the annual conference I think there is scope to make funds available for travel to other related conferences, training (inbound and outbound), and any other initiatives that meets the vision of OSGeo Oceania. Maybe this is a Working Group or a sub-committee role. I see funding coming from multiple sources such as AID agencies, commercial entities and other associations (SSSI for example). It may be that we set up a separate TGP for each conference/event but the funding/governance is coordinated at a much wider level,

The above said I think it is important to 'strike while the iron is hot', and follow up on the FOSS GIS funding opportunity ASAP. I am happy to assist Jonah in putting together the application.

Cheers

Greg

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 6:16 PM John Bryant <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'd see this as sitting with the conference committee, if that group is willing and able to take it on. Of course, the CC hasn't actually formed yet, but perhaps this can be on the agenda for the first meeting? The Letter of Intent specifically references a TGP so it seems likely to be considered a priority.

I'd also see the need for the CC to pull together at least a first draft of a budget before we can really estimate what our TGP can look like, financially.

And as an update, relevant to budget discussions, we're currently waiting on the SSSI board to agree with our request to carry forward the outstanding balance ($8700) of the Good Mojo Fund. I believe it will be on the agenda for their next board meeting, within next couple of weeks I think (Kerry?).

Cheers
John

On Sat., 9 Feb. 2019, 3:03 pm adam steer, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Jonah - great! Just make sure it's coordinated with the board and in particular the conference loc.

On that front, where do people think tgp coordination sits - with the osgeo Oceania board, or with conference committees? 

I think the conference loc, because they're the operational unit and have responsibility to execute/manage tgp with respect to each conference (which will be different each time).

Cheers


_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania


--

_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
-- 
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier
Open Technologies and Geospatial Consultant

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019

Alex Leith
I feel that the TGP application should happen after a budget has been set for the conference, as it’s specifically related to the conference. We may also want to say that the conference committee should apply to our board for access to the good mojo funds, but that’s something to be decided later (and of course the answer will be yes! It’s just process..)

Regarding broader TGP ideas, I feel it better to be treated as a separate initiative.
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 at 7:04 am, Cameron Shorter <[hidden email]> wrote:

Re where the TGP sits:

* I expect people involved in the TGP will likely have a foot in both the LOC and Board, so for this round, it won't matter much who makes the final call.

* As we have all noticed, the LOC has a significant amount of work to do. The more non-core tasks that can be out-sourced to external sub-committees, the better. (This also allows for external expertise to be developed between years and carried over between conferences.)

* I see core tasks as being tasks which are bound to the physical location, and probably also the financial success.

* For everything else, I'd err on suggesting that we try to source a leader from outside of the core LOC.

On 9/2/19 10:16 pm, adam steer wrote:
Hi all

…as always, I’m happy to help on the Mojo/TGP front, and I’d like to hear Daniel chime in here - there may be visions/plans afoot in the LOC already, and in the OSGeo TGP funding sense the LOC must be the primary drivers (see the cookbook referenced here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kzu9z_4BRMzCc5y9SsE7--GnShL30kPGnh7gXlqJspQ). While it might seem onerous/inflexible, OSGeo aims to make sure that TGP money is used for one thing only - getting people to conferences.

It seems natural for ‘Good Mojo’ contributions to be managed by OSGeo Oceania, and delivered to conference LOCs per their requests for TGP/inclusivity measures - more or less how TGPs work in OSGeo, actually. However, I’m not certain we’ve had that conversation yet and this may be pre-empting discussion.

Wider outreach/travel funding is a separate issue, and needs to be discussed in the context of funding the organisation more generally.

So yes, we need to move - but not rush. I apologise if my overly-brief note indicated a need to act immediately-as-in-right-now-on-a-weekend.

Cheers

Adam




On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 at 21:47, Greg Lauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think that the TGP is far wider than just the annual conference, and thus should be coordinated/managed at board level. As well as funding travel to the annual conference I think there is scope to make funds available for travel to other related conferences, training (inbound and outbound), and any other initiatives that meets the vision of OSGeo Oceania. Maybe this is a Working Group or a sub-committee role. I see funding coming from multiple sources such as AID agencies, commercial entities and other associations (SSSI for example). It may be that we set up a separate TGP for each conference/event but the funding/governance is coordinated at a much wider level,

The above said I think it is important to 'strike while the iron is hot', and follow up on the FOSS GIS funding opportunity ASAP. I am happy to assist Jonah in putting together the application.

Cheers

Greg

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 6:16 PM John Bryant <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'd see this as sitting with the conference committee, if that group is willing and able to take it on. Of course, the CC hasn't actually formed yet, but perhaps this can be on the agenda for the first meeting? The Letter of Intent specifically references a TGP so it seems likely to be considered a priority.

I'd also see the need for the CC to pull together at least a first draft of a budget before we can really estimate what our TGP can look like, financially.

And as an update, relevant to budget discussions, we're currently waiting on the SSSI board to agree with our request to carry forward the outstanding balance ($8700) of the Good Mojo Fund. I believe it will be on the agenda for their next board meeting, within next couple of weeks I think (Kerry?).

Cheers
John

On Sat., 9 Feb. 2019, 3:03 pm adam steer, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Jonah - great! Just make sure it's coordinated with the board and in particular the conference loc.

On that front, where do people think tgp coordination sits - with the osgeo Oceania board, or with conference committees? 

I think the conference loc, because they're the operational unit and have responsibility to execute/manage tgp with respect to each conference (which will be different each time).

Cheers


_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania


--

_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
-- 
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier
Open Technologies and Geospatial Consultant

M +61 (0) 419 142 254
_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
--

Alex Leith
0419 189 050

_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019

Daniel Silk
Hi all

Great to have the OSGeo TGP application process come to the fore early in our planning as it’s something I think we need to get moving on earlier than last year. And it’s nice that John has provided input to the OSGeo process from our experience as the first regional conference to have a Travel Grant Programme.

I believe the $8700 John mentioned was partly general “Good Mojo” funds left over, and partly specifically earmarked as Travel Grant Programme funding, which has a very clear purpose. If I’ve got that right, then clarifying that would help with putting together a budget and determining what funding is available for other initiatives.

The application to OSGeo has to come from the LOC, that’s clear from the application criteria.

My proposal will be that we have a Good Mojo Lead as part of the LOC, and that person works with the coalition of the willing (as seen in this thread!) to pull all of this together.

Since we have 3-4 weeks to put our application in, there are a few things raised here that will need to happen promptly - I’ll add those to the timeline / agenda once I’m back in front of a computer.

Cheers
Daniel


On 10/02/2019, at 10:20 AM, Alex Leith <[hidden email]> wrote:

I feel that the TGP application should happen after a budget has been set for the conference, as it’s specifically related to the conference. We may also want to say that the conference committee should apply to our board for access to the good mojo funds, but that’s something to be decided later (and of course the answer will be yes! It’s just process..)

Regarding broader TGP ideas, I feel it better to be treated as a separate initiative.
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 at 7:04 am, Cameron Shorter <[hidden email]> wrote:

Re where the TGP sits:

* I expect people involved in the TGP will likely have a foot in both the LOC and Board, so for this round, it won't matter much who makes the final call.

* As we have all noticed, the LOC has a significant amount of work to do. The more non-core tasks that can be out-sourced to external sub-committees, the better. (This also allows for external expertise to be developed between years and carried over between conferences.)

* I see core tasks as being tasks which are bound to the physical location, and probably also the financial success.

* For everything else, I'd err on suggesting that we try to source a leader from outside of the core LOC.

On 9/2/19 10:16 pm, adam steer wrote:
Hi all

…as always, I’m happy to help on the Mojo/TGP front, and I’d like to hear Daniel chime in here - there may be visions/plans afoot in the LOC already, and in the OSGeo TGP funding sense the LOC must be the primary drivers (see the cookbook referenced here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kzu9z_4BRMzCc5y9SsE7--GnShL30kPGnh7gXlqJspQ). While it might seem onerous/inflexible, OSGeo aims to make sure that TGP money is used for one thing only - getting people to conferences.

It seems natural for ‘Good Mojo’ contributions to be managed by OSGeo Oceania, and delivered to conference LOCs per their requests for TGP/inclusivity measures - more or less how TGPs work in OSGeo, actually. However, I’m not certain we’ve had that conversation yet and this may be pre-empting discussion.

Wider outreach/travel funding is a separate issue, and needs to be discussed in the context of funding the organisation more generally.

So yes, we need to move - but not rush. I apologise if my overly-brief note indicated a need to act immediately-as-in-right-now-on-a-weekend.

Cheers

Adam




On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 at 21:47, Greg Lauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think that the TGP is far wider than just the annual conference, and thus should be coordinated/managed at board level. As well as funding travel to the annual conference I think there is scope to make funds available for travel to other related conferences, training (inbound and outbound), and any other initiatives that meets the vision of OSGeo Oceania. Maybe this is a Working Group or a sub-committee role. I see funding coming from multiple sources such as AID agencies, commercial entities and other associations (SSSI for example). It may be that we set up a separate TGP for each conference/event but the funding/governance is coordinated at a much wider level,

The above said I think it is important to 'strike while the iron is hot', and follow up on the FOSS GIS funding opportunity ASAP. I am happy to assist Jonah in putting together the application.

Cheers

Greg

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 6:16 PM John Bryant <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'd see this as sitting with the conference committee, if that group is willing and able to take it on. Of course, the CC hasn't actually formed yet, but perhaps this can be on the agenda for the first meeting? The Letter of Intent specifically references a TGP so it seems likely to be considered a priority.

I'd also see the need for the CC to pull together at least a first draft of a budget before we can really estimate what our TGP can look like, financially.

And as an update, relevant to budget discussions, we're currently waiting on the SSSI board to agree with our request to carry forward the outstanding balance ($8700) of the Good Mojo Fund. I believe it will be on the agenda for their next board meeting, within next couple of weeks I think (Kerry?).

Cheers
John

On Sat., 9 Feb. 2019, 3:03 pm adam steer, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Jonah - great! Just make sure it's coordinated with the board and in particular the conference loc.

On that front, where do people think tgp coordination sits - with the osgeo Oceania board, or with conference committees? 

I think the conference loc, because they're the operational unit and have responsibility to execute/manage tgp with respect to each conference (which will be different each time).

Cheers


_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania


--

_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
-- 
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier
Open Technologies and Geospatial Consultant

M +61 (0) 419 142 254
_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania
--

Alex Leith
0419 189 050
_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania

_______________________________________________
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania