Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] Recused

Ian Turton

This is why we need to leave the assumption of good intentions in the CoC :-(

Ian

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] Recused

Vicky Vergara-2
Hi
Past has passed, this would be another case:
There is this vote for accepting a project
where the voting person belongs to the PSC committee of the project being voted
He mentions that he belongs to the project.

A question was made by me (also member of the PSC of the project being voted)
about being judge and jury on October 12,

The motion passed and the vote was counted on October 25

At the end, the vote was counted because there is no regulation when
there is a conflict of interests.

The changes proposed by Jody in
are not reflected in the
yet.

Regards

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 5:53 AM Ian Turton <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is why we need to leave the assumption of good intentions in the CoC :-(

Ian

Rather than waiting till the last minute of voting deadline,
Paul should have informed about his withdrawal from the selection
process that moment he accepted to be program chair of the
Calgary bid.

Venka

On 12/13/2018 12:27 AM, Till Adams wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> many thanks for your information and I think that everyone here knows
> you and believes in what you say. So, I see no issue in the fact, that
> you were not involved in the Calgary team when voting for stage 1.
>
> All the best!
>
> Till
>

> Am 12.12.18 um 16:00 schrieb Paul Ramsey:
>> FYI, in case anyone is wondering, I’m recused from the 2nd stage 2020 vote as I am program chair of the Calgary bid.
>> But I voted in the 1st stage, what’s up with that? I hadn’t joined Calgary and had no plans to during the 1st stage. Life happens.
>> ATB,
>> Paul

Ian Turton

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany

Vicky Vergara
Operations Research

eMail: vicky@georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info

Tel: +49 (089) 4161 7698-1
Fax: +49 (089) 4161 7698-9

CEO: Daniel Kastl

Rather than waiting till the last minute of voting deadline,
Paul should have informed about his withdrawal from the selection
process that moment he accepted to be program chair of the
Calgary bid.

Venka

On 12/13/2018 12:27 AM, Till Adams wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> many thanks for your information and I think that everyone here knows
> you and believes in what you say. So, I see no issue in the fact, that
> you were not involved in the Calgary team when voting for stage 1.
>
> All the best!
>
> Till
>

> Am 12.12.18 um 16:00 schrieb Paul Ramsey:
>> FYI, in case anyone is wondering, I’m recused from the 2nd stage 2020 vote as I am program chair of the Calgary bid.
>> But I voted in the 1st stage, what’s up with that? I hadn’t joined Calgary and had no plans to during the 1st stage. Life happens.
>> ATB,
>> Paul

Ian Turton

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany

Vicky Vergara
Operations Research

eMail: vicky@georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info

Tel: +49 (089) 4161 7698-1
Fax: +49 (089) 4161 7698-9

CEO: Daniel Kastl

Ian Turton

Re: Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] Recused

delawen

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 12:53 PM Ian Turton <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is why we need to leave the assumption of good intentions in the CoC :-(

Precisely this is why we should remove the good faith. The intention is irrelevant here, the important question is: did he had some advantage during the process due to be first voting and then part of a candidature? Did he had some kind of access to classified information? If the answer is yes, it doesn't matter if he had good intention, the process has to be repeated. And if the answer is no, who cares what the intention was? The outcome is fair.