Fwd: OSGeo Budget 2019 for projects.

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi all,

Time to think our budget for 2019...

Cheers,
Angelos

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: OSGeo Budget 2019 for projects.
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 20:35:54 +0200
From: Angelos Tzotsos [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

Dear OSGeo project members,

Over the previous years, OSGeo has been proud to support a growing number of project events, such as code sprints, developer meetings, and user conferences.

OSGeo is reaching out to all committees, including project steering committees, to help plan our budget for 2019.

This year, the board is discussing about assigning a starting budget of 2000$ to all graduated projects who have reported to the board the last 12 months (see https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/11).

For projects with more of a plan (to pursue a specific goal) projects are welcome to send a more detailed request for approval (e.g. https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Budget_2019)

A good idea is to focus on OSGeo participation, for example attending the AGM or OSGeo code sprint. Also keep in mind OSGeo goals as an organization, (e.g. interoperability goal: CITE compliance or participation developing new standards)

We would like to ask you to help us with budget proposals to assist your project. This will help us set aside a realistic amount of funding.

Please add your project info to the budget draft at:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2019

ideally by January 14 ahead of our January board meeting.

When making a budget request please keep in mind the vision and goals of our foundation, along with any obligations you wish to meet.

Thank you and best wishes,

On behalf of OSGeo Board,

Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member

Re: Fwd: OSGeo Budget 2019 for projects.

Tom Kralidis
Perhaps we can cover code sprints in support of core feature support/bugs/release? Proposing 3K USD.  What do others think?

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 7, 2019, at 13:40, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

Time to think our budget for 2019...

Cheers,
Angelos

Re: Fwd: OSGeo Budget 2019 for projects.

Angelos Tzotsos
It is a good idea to ask support for code sprint attendance.
+1
Angelos

On 1/9/19 2:42 PM, Tom Kralidis wrote:

> Perhaps we can cover code sprints in support of core feature support/bugs/release? Proposing 3K USD.  What do others think?
>
> ..Tom
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jan 7, 2019, at 13:40, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Time to think our budget for 2019...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Angelos

Paolo Corti
+1, I definitely think it is a good idea
Paolo

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 8:10 AM Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is a good idea to ask support for code sprint attendance.
> +1
> Angelos
>
> On 1/9/19 2:42 PM, Tom Kralidis wrote:
> > Perhaps we can cover code sprints in support of core feature support/bugs/release? Proposing 3K USD.  What do others think?
> >
> > ..Tom
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> >> On Jan 7, 2019, at 13:40, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Time to think our budget for 2019...
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Angelos

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net
twitter: @capooti
skype: capooti

Re: Fwd: OSGeo Budget 2019 for projects.

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi all,

Based on PSC discussion, we officially ask 3000$ as 2019 budget.

Best,
Angelos

On 1/9/19 10:50 PM, Paolo Corti wrote:

> +1, I definitely think it is a good idea
> Paolo
>
> On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 8:10 AM Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It is a good idea to ask support for code sprint attendance.
>> +1
>> Angelos
>>
>> On 1/9/19 2:42 PM, Tom Kralidis wrote:
>>> Perhaps we can cover code sprints in support of core feature support/bugs/release? Proposing 3K USD.  What do others think?
>>>
>>> ..Tom
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

Actually we need to have a wiki proposal similar to this one:

On 1/20/19 10:42 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Based on PSC discussion, we officially ask 3000$ as 2019 budget.
>
> Best,
> Angelos
>
> On 1/9/19 10:50 PM, Paolo Corti wrote:
>> +1, I definitely think it is a good idea
>> Paolo
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 8:10 AM Angelos Tzotsos
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> It is a good idea to ask support for code sprint attendance.
>>> +1
>>> Angelos

Started drafting
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Pycsw_budget_2019

On 1/20/19 10:45 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:

> Actually we need to have a wiki proposal similar to this one:
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Budget_2019
>
> Best,
> Angelos
>
> On 1/20/19 10:42 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Based on PSC discussion, we officially ask 3000$ as 2019 budget.
>>
>> Best,
>> Angelos
>>
>> On 1/9/19 10:50 PM, Paolo Corti wrote:
>>> +1, I definitely think it is a good idea
>>> Paolo

Thanks Angelos.  I see this year's overall budget planning has a special section
for code sprints.  Should this be part of that budget?  Regardless, 3K USD is a
safe bet.

..Tom