Fwd: OGC membership for Angelos Tzotsos and Jáchym Cepicky

Fwd: OGC membership for Angelos Tzotsos and Jáchym Cepicky

Bruce Bannerman-3
@ Angelos and Jachym,

Before we renew your membership, can you please provide a brief report on the value of your OGC Membership.

I’d like to understand both the value that you have contributed to the OGC and the value that you have in turn received on behalf of OSGeo.

Kind regards,

Bruce

Begin forwarded message:

From: Barbara Sherman <[hidden email]>
Date: 18 January 2019 at 07:09:40 AEDT
To: Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]>, Bruce Bannerman <[hidden email]>
Subject: OGC membership for Angelos Tzotsos and Jáchym Cepicky

Hi Jeff and Bruce,

Jáchym's OGC membership is due to be renewed on 1 March 2019 and Angelos' is due to renew on 1 April 2019.  Do you want to continue to offer them OSGeo slots?

Barbara

--
*****************
Barbara L. Sherman

Re: Fwd: OGC membership for Angelos Tzotsos and Jáchym Cepicky

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi Bruce,

I have sent a report a few weeks ago and never got a confirmation.
I will find it and send it again in case it was not received by the list.

Best regards,
Angelos

From: Barbara Sherman <[hidden email]>
Date: 18 January 2019 at 07:09:40 AEDT
To: Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]>, Bruce Bannerman <[hidden email]>

Hi Jeff and Bruce,

Jáchym's OGC membership is due to be renewed on 1 March 2019 and Angelos' is due to renew on 1 April 2019.  Do you want to continue to offer them OSGeo slots?

Barbara

--
*****************
Barbara L. Sherman
Systems Manager/Membership Relations
Open Geospatial Consortium
35 Main Street, Suite 5
Wayland, MA 01778
Voice:  +1 508 647 9385
Fax:  +1 508 655 2237

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member

Re: OGC membership for Angelos Tzotsos and Jáchym Cepicky

Bruce Bannerman-3
Hi Jachym,

I think that you may have missed this email.

Can you please respond by next Friday, the 8th Feb?

Regards,

Bruce

On 18 Jan 2019, at 07:45, Bruce Bannerman <[hidden email]> wrote:

@ Angelos and Jachym,

Before we renew your membership, can you please provide a brief report on the value of your OGC Membership.

I’d like to understand both the value that you have contributed to the OGC and the value that you have in turn received on behalf of OSGeo.

Kind regards,

Bruce

Begin forwarded message:

Re: OGC membership for Angelos Tzotsos and Jáchym Cepicky

Jachym Cepicky
Hi Bruce and all,

there is nothing I could report - my slot currently  at sleeping mode
and (I offered it in the past) available for someone more active

If anybody needs this, please step ahead and take over

thanks

Jachym

čt 31. 1. 2019 v 21:13 odesílatel Bruce Bannerman

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: OGC membership for Angelos Tzotsos and Jáchym Cepicky

Bruce Bannerman-3
Thanks for the update Jachym,

Bruce

> On 1 Feb 2019, at 22:35, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Bruce and all,
>
> there is nothing I could report - my slot currently  at sleeping mode
> and (I offered it in the past) available for someone more active
>
> If anybody needs this, please step ahead and take over
>
> thanks
>
> Jachym
>
> čt 31. 1. 2019 v 21:13 odesílatel Bruce Bannerman
> <[hidden email]> napsal:
>>
>> Hi Jachym,
>>
>> I think that you may have missed this email.
>>
>> Can you please respond by next Friday, the 8th Feb?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bruce
>>
>> On 18 Jan 2019, at 07:45, Bruce Bannerman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> @ Angelos and Jachym,
>>
>> Before we renew your membership, can you please provide a brief report on the value of your OGC Membership.
>>
>> I’d like to understand both the value that you have contributed to the OGC and the value that you have in turn received on behalf of OSGeo.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Bruce
>>

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> From: Barbara Sherman <[hidden email]>
>> Date: 18 January 2019 at 07:09:40 AEDT
>> To: Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]>, Bruce Bannerman <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: OGC membership for Angelos Tzotsos and Jáchym Cepicky
>>
>> Hi Jeff and Bruce,
>>
>> Jáchym's OGC membership is due to be renewed on 1 March 2019 and Angelos' is due to renew on 1 April 2019.  Do you want to continue to offer them OSGeo slots?
>>
>> Barbara
>>
>> --
>> *****************
>> Barbara L. Sherman
>> Systems Manager/Membership Relations
>> Open Geospatial Consortium
>> 35 Main Street, Suite 5
>> Wayland, MA 01778
>> Voice:  +1 508 647 9385
>> Fax:  +1 508 655 2237
>> [hidden email]
>> ******************
>>
>> The OGC: Making location count.
>> http://www.opengeospatial.org
>

> --
> Jachym Cepicky
> e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: OGC membership for Angelos Tzotsos and Jáchym Cepicky

Bruce Bannerman-3
Hi Barbara,

We will renew Angelos’ membership.

I will need to initiate a process to fill Jachym’s now vacant membership.

Kind regards,

Bruce

> On 1 Feb 2019, at 22:35, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Bruce and all,
>
> there is nothing I could report - my slot currently  at sleeping mode
> and (I offered it in the past) available for someone more active
>
> If anybody needs this, please step ahead and take over
>
> thanks
>
> Jachym
>
> čt 31. 1. 2019 v 21:13 odesílatel Bruce Bannerman
> <[hidden email]> napsal:
>>
>> Hi Jachym,
>>
>> I think that you may have missed this email.
>>
>> Can you please respond by next Friday, the 8th Feb?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bruce
>>
>> On 18 Jan 2019, at 07:45, Bruce Bannerman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> @ Angelos and Jachym,
>>
>> Before we renew your membership, can you please provide a brief report on the value of your OGC Membership.
>>
>> I’d like to understand both the value that you have contributed to the OGC and the value that you have in turn received on behalf of OSGeo.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Bruce
>>

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> From: Barbara Sherman <[hidden email]>
>> Date: 18 January 2019 at 07:09:40 AEDT
>> To: Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]>, Bruce Bannerman <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: OGC membership for Angelos Tzotsos and Jáchym Cepicky
>>
>> Hi Jeff and Bruce,
>>
>> Jáchym's OGC membership is due to be renewed on 1 March 2019 and Angelos' is due to renew on 1 April 2019.  Do you want to continue to offer them OSGeo slots?
>>
>> Barbara
>>
>> --
>> *****************
>> Barbara L. Sherman
>> Systems Manager/Membership Relations
>> Open Geospatial Consortium
>> 35 Main Street, Suite 5
>> Wayland, MA 01778
>> Voice:  +1 508 647 9385
>> Fax:  +1 508 655 2237
>> [hidden email]
>> ******************
>>
>> The OGC: Making location count.
>> http://www.opengeospatial.org
>

> --
> Jachym Cepicky
> e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: OGC membership for Angelos Tzotsos and Jáchym Cepicky

Bruce Bannerman-3
Hi Barbara,

Let’s let it go through until the end of February.

Kind regards,

Bruce

> On 6 Feb 2019, at 07:43, Barbara Sherman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Bruce,
>
> Jachym's current membership cycle ends on 28 February 2019.  Do you want to continue his membership through February or should I lapse it now?
>
> Best regards,
> Barbara
>
> On 2/1/2019 4:21 PM, Bruce Bannerman wrote:
>> Hi Barbara,
>>
>> We will renew Angelos’ membership.
>>
>> I will need to initiate a process to fill Jachym’s now vacant membership.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Bruce
>>
>>> On 1 Feb 2019, at 22:35, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Bruce and all,
>>>
>>> there is nothing I could report - my slot currently  at sleeping mode
>>> and (I offered it in the past) available for someone more active
>>>
>>> If anybody needs this, please step ahead and take over
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> Jachym
>>>
>>> čt 31. 1. 2019 v 21:13 odesílatel Bruce Bannerman

>>> --
>>> Jachym Cepicky
>>> e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com
>>> GPG: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp
>
> --
> *****************
> Barbara L. Sherman
> Systems Manager/Membership Relations
> Open Geospatial Consortium
> 35 Main Street, Suite 5
> Wayland, MA 01778
> Voice:  +1 508 647 9385
> Fax:  +1 508 655 2237

Spare OGC membership slot

Bruce Bannerman-3
Hi everyone,

Do we have anyone on the Standards List who has an interest in filling our spare
OGC Individual Membership slot?

I’m just after an expression of interest at this stage, to see if a selection process is required.

If you are interested, please indicate so by simply replying to this email and stating so by the 18th Feb GMT.

Kind regards,

Bruce

Begin forwarded message:

Re: Spare OGC membership slot

Tom Kralidis
Thanks Bruce. To add, with the emerging modernization of OGC API and web service standards, it’s a great time to participate in OGC activities.  The current efforts will shape much of our software around APIs over the medium to long term. Great time to be involved!

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 10, 2019, at 18:58, Bruce Bannerman <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Do we have anyone on the Standards List who has an interest in filling our spare
OGC Individual Membership slot?

I’m just after an expression of interest at this stage, to see if a selection process is required.

If you are interested, please indicate so by simply replying to this email and stating so by the 18th Feb GMT.

Kind regards,

Bruce

Begin forwarded message:

Re: Spare OGC membership slot

Jonathan Moules-4

Hi Bruce,

I might be. It depends what it entails etc, and what value it would bring to OSGeo.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Re: Spare OGC membership slot

Bruce Bannerman-3
Hi Jonathon,

Are you still interested in taking up an OSGeo membership slot within OGC.

It will give you a private membership that you will be able to use to participate within various OGC working groups and access member only OGC content.

If so, then I suggest that you use the membership slot to see how you can best contribute your skills to benefit both organisations.

I request that you provide updates to this list, at least yearly, but ideally when you come across items that you believe will be of interest to the OSGeo community.

You’ll find a wealth of resources on the OGC web site:

Kind regards,

Bruce

On 12 Feb 2019, at 02:17, Jonathan Moules <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Bruce,

I might be. It depends what it entails etc, and what value it would bring to OSGeo.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Re: Spare OGC membership slot

Scott Serich
Hi Jonathan (and anybody else listening). Something that might be attractive to providers of open-source offerings is the opportunity to participate in OGC testbeds and other initiatives. Any OGC member who's interested might consider the following:

1. Sign up as an Observer for the OGC Testbed-15 initiative to learn how they work.
2. Plan on submitting a bid in early 2020 to implement new offerings as part of OGC Testbed-16.
3. Selected bidders will become participants to receive cost-share funds to help offset the cost of developing testbed component implementations.
4. These participants will retain full control over the source code assets. All that must be delivered are interoperability demonstrations showing how the work helps advance the OGC standards baseline.

Under current testbed policies, OGC does not take possession of any of the developed source code. So in some sense, this is a roundabout way to get "paid" to develop open-source code. It's generally not sufficient funds to enable full cost recovery. But if the alternative is to receive no funding at all, this might present an attractive option.

Contact me or visit "https://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/initiatives/active" if you're interested in learning more. Full observer privileges are available to all OGC members (including the OSGeo slot).

Thanks.
-Scott

=====

Scott Serich, Ph.D., JD

Director, Innovation Programs, Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)

[hidden email]
Skype: scott.serich.ogc

The OGC: Making Location Count.

www.opengeospatial.org

=====

Re: Spare OGC membership slot

Jonathan Moules-4

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the information. I'll take a further look into it this week and get back to you/list shortly.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Re: Spare OGC membership slot

Cameron Shorter

I'm looping Scott's comments (from the OGC) into the general OGC discussion forum, as I think there are others who might be interested.

I'll add that you should plan to dedicate a lot of time if you intend to partake in OGC initiatives. The OGC tackles hard interoperability problems and you will likely need to think and discuss deeply with like minded people. It is hard work, but it can be very satisfying and rewarding to be working on the bleeding edge of technology (as many open source developers are doing already).

Warm regards, Cameron

From: Barbara Sherman <[hidden email]>
Date: 18 January 2019 at 07:09:40 AEDT
To: Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]>, Bruce Bannerman <[hidden email]>

Hi Jeff and Bruce,

Jáchym's OGC membership is due to be renewed on 1 March 2019 and Angelos' is due to renew on 1 April 2019.  Do you want to continue to offer them OSGeo slots?

Barbara

--
*****************
Barbara L. Sherman
Systems Manager/Membership Relations
Open Geospatial Consortium
35 Main Street, Suite 5
Wayland, MA 01778
Voice:  +1 508 647 9385
Fax:  +1 508 655 2237
[hidden email]
******************

The OGC: Making location count.
http://www.opengeospatial.org

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: Spare OGC membership slot

Jonathan Moules-4

Hi Bruce+list,

Apologies for the delay in following this up, I've been ill for the last few days.

I've looked into this somewhat and for various reasons don't think I'm the right person for this at this time.

Thanks for the consideration though,
Jonathan

On 2019-02-19 20:42, Jonathan Moules wrote:

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the information. I'll take a further look into it this week and get back to you/list shortly.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Re: Spare OGC membership slot

Bruce Bannerman-3
Hi Adam,

Can you let me know if you are still interested?

If so, I’ll let OGC know.

Kind regards,

Bruce

On 21 Feb 2019, at 23:27, adam steer <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Bruce, all

In the interests of open-ness that person is me - I’d like to look over the standards list archive for a couple of days before officially tossing my hat into the ring if that’s allright. My contact so far with OGC is primarily in the point cloud DWG; and in a former life a couple of years working for an OGC member organisation delivering training/internal advice on what OGC web data services meant with respect to climate/EO data (WMS/WCS/WFS/WPS). There is a whole lot I *don’t* know, in particular about how OSGeo interacts with OGC (hence a discovery mission to do)

Regards

Adam

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 at 22:42, Bruce Bannerman <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’ve had one more expression of interest, off list.

I’ve asked the person to submit it to this list over the next few days.

Cheers,

Bruce

On 21 Feb 2019, at 18:31, Suchith Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:

May I also request that  OSGeo representatives who take up these slots to please also take some time to share OSGeo events updates and information in the OGC maillists to help build wider collaborations/synergies. As part of  the OSGeo-OGC MoU , they can share key OSGeo events (FOSS4G conferences etc) to the OGC maillists etc. So please respond to this call for volunteers request if you are interested. Thanks.

Best wishes,

Suchith

From: Barbara Sherman <[hidden email]>
Date: 18 January 2019 at 07:09:40 AEDT
To: Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]>, Bruce Bannerman <[hidden email]>

[...]

attachment.

where permitted by law.

Re: Spare OGC membership slot

Bruce Bannerman-3
Thanks Adam.

On 5 Mar 2019, at 23:49, adam steer <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Bruce

Sure - let’s go ahead.

Cheers

Adam