Fwd: Nomination of Hae-Kyong Kang for charter membership

Fwd: Nomination of Hae-Kyong Kang for charter membership

Vasile Crăciunescu
Forwarding Hae-Kyong Kang nomination by Sanghee Shin. The 2017 member
nominations list will be updated ASAP [1].

Best regards,
Vasile & Jeff
2017 OSGeo Elections CROs

Re: Fwd: Nomination of Hae-Kyong Kang for charter membership

Maria Antonia Brovelli

I support this nomination.

Hae-kyong is one of the main actors of UN Open GIS project!

Best,

Maria

Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by you:

http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4 "Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)" http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.htmlBoard of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board

UN-GGIM Academic Network Deputy Chair, UN-GGIM Italy, UN OpenGIS Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)

Sol Katz Award 2015

P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)

Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,  [hidden email][hidden email]

[...]

Responsabile settore Geomatica

Istituto scienze della Terra

Campus Trevano, CH - 6952 Canobbio

Tel. +41 (0)58 666 62 14

Fax +41 (0)58 666 62 09

[hidden email]

www.supsi.ch/ist

Re: Nomination of Hae-Kyong Kang for charter membership

최규성
To Whom It May Concern,

I would strongly support the OSGeo Charter Member nomination for Dr. Hae-kyong Kang.

Toward the open community, her enthusiasm and endeavor can't be underestimated. I've known her since late 1990s, and I'd noticed her open source journey in late 2000s when I'd been still in the proprietary world. Her research and promotion made significant inflence on the public policy and industry atmosphere, especially in South Korea where geospatial economy is driven by public sector. Many of Korean OSGeo members are proud that we're doing better off in open source activities than any other indicators show. I believe Dr. Kang be one of the contributors to make it happen.

I think her work isn't done yet, but there is only her long way to go. If the nomination is given to her, this would be supposed as a great encouragement for her to pose better of OSGeo.

Best regards,

Kyu-sung Choi
President, EZMapping
Seoul, Korea (M. +82-10-5414-4374)

Forwarding Hae-Kyong Kang nomination by Sanghee Shin. The 2017 member nominations list will be updated ASAP [1].

Best regards,
Vasile & Jeff
2017 OSGeo Elections CROs

Re: Fwd: Nomination of Hae-Kyong Kang for charter membership

Venkatesh Raghavan
+1 for Hae-Kyong Kang nomination as Charter Member.

Venka

On 9/1/2017 8:51 PM, Vasile Craciunescu wrote:

> Forwarding Hae-Kyong Kang nomination by Sanghee Shin. The 2017 member
> nominations list will be updated ASAP [1].
>
> Best regards,
> Vasile & Jeff
> 2017 OSGeo Elections CROs
>
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/New_Member_Nominations_2017

Seino, Yoichi
+1
I support this nomination.

Best Regards,
Yoichi

> Forwarding Hae-Kyong Kang nomination by Sanghee Shin. The 2017 member
> nominations list will be updated ASAP [1].
>
> Best regards,
> Vasile & Jeff
> 2017 OSGeo Elections CROs
>
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/New_Member_Nominations_2017

hhayashi
+1 for Hae-Kyong Kang nomination as Charter Member.

Best,
Hayashi

OSGeo.JP
 http://www.osgeo.jp