Fwd: [Incubator] recommend PyWPS for graduation

Fwd: [Incubator] recommend PyWPS for graduation

Jachym Cepicky
PyWPS just passed incubation

Big thanks and KUDOS to Tom Kralidis, to guide is trough this

Jachym

Re: Fwd: [Incubator] recommend PyWPS for graduation

Martin Landa
> PyWPS just passed incubation

huge congratulations to all PyWPS devs! Time to change incubation logo
on your website :-)

Ma

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa

Re: Fwd: [Incubator] recommend PyWPS for graduation

Jachym Cepicky
don't be too speedy, that will take another ten years at least

pá 6. 4. 2018 v 22:12 odesílatel Martin Landa <[hidden email]> napsal:
> PyWPS just passed incubation

huge congratulations to all PyWPS devs! Time to change incubation logo
on your website :-)

Ma

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa

Re: Fwd: [Incubator] recommend PyWPS for graduation

Tom Kralidis
Congratulations all on a significant milestone for the PyWPS project!

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 6, 2018, at 15:17, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:

PyWPS just passed incubation

Big thanks and KUDOS to Tom Kralidis, to guide is trough this

Jachym

I have noticed the board so they can make it official, and invited jachym to the next board meeting for questions/introductions.

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 3:46 AM Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all: final voting results:

- Bruce Bannerman +1
- Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques: +1
- Landon Blake
- Howard Butler
- Arnulf Christl +1
- Jo Cook +1
- Jody Garnett (chair) +1
- Dimitris Kotzinos +1
- Tom Kralidis: +1
- Julien-Samuel Lacroix +1
- Mark Lucas
- Steve Lime +1
- Daniel Morissette +1
- Markus Schneider
- Cameron Shorter +1
- Norman Vine
- Frank Warmerdam

> On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 11:22 AM, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all: as mentor of PyWPS I recommend that the project graduates as
> an official OSGeo project.
>
> Key documents:
> - Project Graduation Checklist:
> https://github.com/geopython/pywps/wiki/ProjectGraduationChecklist
> - Project Provenance Review:
> https://github.com/geopython/pywps/wiki/ProjectProvenanceReview
>
> The PyWPS project is a longtime effort with a stable community in support
> of a lightweight Pythonic package for geospatial processing pipelines. The
> community continues to evolve via code sprints, PSC meetings and other
> activities [1].
>
> The project is used in numerous activities (http://pywps.org/projects/ and
> http://pywps.org/gallery/) and cited in numerous scientific papers
> (http://pywps.org/science/).
>
> We need 50% of the committee to cast votes; I’ve included the current
> membership below
> in [2].   The vote will stay open until 2018-04-05 (14 days from today).
>
> If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me.
>
> Thanks
>
> ..Tom
>

> [1] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/wiki/Meetings
>
> [2]
> - Bruce Bannerman
> - Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
> - Landon Blake
> - Howard Butler
> - Arnulf Christl
> - Jo Cook
> - Jody Garnett (chair)
> - Dimitris Kotzinos
> - Tom Kralidis
> - Julien-Samuel Lacroix
> - Mark Lucas
> - Steve Lime
> - Daniel Morissette
> - Markus Schneider
> - Cameron Shorter
> - Norman Vine
> - Frank Warmerdam

Re: Fwd: [Incubator] recommend PyWPS for graduation

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
Congrats everyone! It was a long road, but well worth it.

May it now serve as added stimulus for release 4.2.0 :)

Cheers.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Bowlespark 8