Fwd: [Incubator] incubation committee, and participating projects, budget planning

Fwd: [Incubator] incubation committee, and participating projects, budget planning

Jachym Cepicky
Hi guys,

can we put together budget request for our (still planned) sprint?

Jachym

Re: Fwd: [Incubator] incubation committee, and participating projects, budget planning

Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus
Hi to all

We could line up with

Tom Kralidis will be there and would be nice to meet him . We could ask for a budget mainly to  attend this code sprint but then we need to know who would like to attend and how many days. I think it will be mainly Jachym, Luis, me, Jonna, people from the birdcage project ??? I have open a doodle [1]

Also what would be our objective??? Program WPS 2.0.0

Cheers
Jorge
[1] https://doodle.com/poll/42tvpdtci2uidk88

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Jáchym Čepický <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

can we put together budget request for our (still planned) sprint?

Jachym

Re: [Incubator] incubation committee, and participating projects, budget planning

Carsten Ehbrecht-3
… are you planing to go to the FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam, Africa?

http://2018.foss4g.org/index.html

For Birdhouse we are planing to submit a talk. If you prepare a workshop for FOSS4G maybe we can support your work. Not sure who is going to be there from us, but Nils probably will do … he is currently working in Cameroon.

I’m interested in the coding spring 2018 in Bonn. But I don’t promise yet if I will go …

Cheers,
Carsten
--
Carsten Ehbrecht
Abteilung Datenmanagement

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstraße 45 a • D-20146 Hamburg • Germany

Phone: +49 40 460094-148
FAX:   +49 40 460094-270
Email: [hidden email]

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: [Incubator] incubation committee, and participating projects, budget planning

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
Hi all,

I am at the GISTAM conference until the 19th, after that it would be nice to attend the code sprint.

Do you know if it is possible to sleep at the BaseCamp itslef?

Cheers.
--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Molenweg 4

[...]

It should be possible to sleep in the base camp

So we will have probably  code sprint with 3/4 people... basically travelling from Europe, so it shouldn't be that much money.

My suggestion is to add also 2000euros to the 2018 budget

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2018

in the base camp, a camper for 2 people is 65e/night --> 1 week --> 455e  for 2 people,  If we have more than 2 people then it compensates to get an airbnb (I personally prefer to get an appartment from an arbnb)

Since we are travelling in the EU so expect 150e per person per travel?

Comments ?

Jorge

On 17-11-17 14:59, Luí­s Moreira de Sousa wrote:
[...]

I added some 2000e for pywps on

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2018#OSGeo_Projects

But adding a random value to a wiki sounds a bit strange for me, is there a better and more formal process of proposing budget/ request support for pywps???

[...]

jody.garnett
Yeah report back to the incubation list (guess I should of said so in the original email). I have to put in a budget request for incubation as a whole (as committee chair). For the graduated projects they have their own officer and can manage their own budget request.

Does pywps have any other sources of funds to manage? You are of course welcome to accept donations via the OSGeo "donate" button ...

--
Jody Garnett

On 21 November 2017 at 20:38, jorge.dejesus <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Jody

Pywps has no other source of funds, I have added a request on wiki for a code sprint, I am not certain what more expenses we would have
@jachym, @luis @tom comments????

Jorge

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I will soon be opening a request for funding to submit an article on PyWPS to the Journal of Geospatial Data, Software and Standards (special issue announced by Marco Minghini in the OSGeo-Discuss list). We obtained a 50% waver, but we still need to come up with some 420 €. I should have the formal request in place in the next few days.

Regarding the code sprint in Bonn, I am happy to finance my own expenses, as it is not far, we can share a flat and I will be seeing a good number of friends.

Cheers.
--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Molenweg 4
6871 CW Renkum
The Netherlands
Phone: +31 628 544 755
RingID: ring:7ca91d83f4f9dec82fec9f1144b8e5c1ef2a110c

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa <[hidden email]>, Jonas Eberle <[hidden email]>, pywps-dev <[hidden email]>

[...]

No worries Jorge, sometimes projects are used by organizations that are willing to make donations. It is usually easier to do fund raising for a specific activity (such as a code sprint, journal article, or travel) rather than general project support.

One example (of how to accept donations via OSGeo paypal) is here this "how to sponsor" from the geoserver project.

Sponsorship is accepted through PayPal:

  1. Navigate to the OSGeo website
  2. Click on the "Donate" button in the top right corner
  3. Donations are handled through PayPal, when making the donation be sure to:
    • Check the currency (USD rates are provided above)
    • Use the "Add special instructions to the seller" field on the confirmation page to mention the event (example "GeoServer code sprint sponsorship")
    • To make alternative arrangements contact OSGeo Treasurer
  4. The OSGeo Treasurer will contact both you and the event organizers to acknowledge your sponsorship
    • Please have a logo ready for your organization if you wish to be acknowledged publicly
    • Your event sponsorship, at your request, can contribute towards being recognized as an OSGeo Foundation sponsor

We can also ask that OSGeo provide an invoice for payment (contact project leadership to make arrangements).

--
Jody Garnett