Fwd: I think I've asked this before . . . Extenst from a SQL query for map output.

Fwd: I think I've asked this before . . . Extenst from a SQL query for map output.

blammo

Try this link:

My bad.  sorry about that.

On Apr 16, 2018, at 4:35 PM, Carlos Ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:

I cannot watch the video, the URL is wrong.

So you get the extent like SELECT st_extent(geom) FROM table WHERE criteria to a PERL script to make a WMS request with the extent, am I right ?

Yup.  I can’t figure out how to pull the extents out of a SQL through a Mapfile CGI request though, if it’s even doable.  I can’ center the view with a Info request to the WMS, but I can’t seem to get the zoom factor to change in any way.

bobb

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
- Sherlock Holmes