Fwd: [GCI-mentors] Thank you all for 10 incredible years of Google Code-in

Fwd: [GCI-mentors] Thank you all for 10 incredible years of Google Code-in

Victoria Rautenbach
Good day

The 2019 OSGeo GCI Admin team thought we would share this with you.
The 2019 edition of GCI was the last, the Google Open Source group
will now GSoC and Summer of Docs.

OSGeo participated in GCI for 3 years! Over the three years, we worked
with 898 students that completed 2096 tasks across various OSGeo
projects. Thank you to those of you that served as mentors or answered
questions from GCI students. Thank you!

Regards
OSGeo GCI Admins team

Re: Fwd: [GCI-mentors] Thank you all for 10 incredible years of Google Code-in

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello Victoria and the whole OSGeo GCI team,

thanks a lot for sharing this information.

Sad to hear that there will be not GCI in the future.

It os so impressive to see your numbers about only 3 year that OSGeo
participated - 898 students and 2096 completed tasks. Wow. Amazing.

Thanks a lot to the OSGeo GCI Admins team and all mentors, people and
projects involved in GCI. GCI was a great way to get young people
introduced and involved in Open Source Software and bring people from
all over the world together and inspire to collaborate. Thanks a lot.

Astrid

Am 11.06.2020 16:21 schrieb Victoria Rautenbach:

> Good day
>
> The 2019 OSGeo GCI Admin team thought we would share this with you.
> The 2019 edition of GCI was the last, the Google Open Source group
> will now GSoC and Summer of Docs.
>
> OSGeo participated in GCI for 3 years! Over the three years, we worked
> with 898 students that completed 2096 tasks across various OSGeo
> projects. Thank you to those of you that served as mentors or answered
> questions from GCI students. Thank you!
>
> Regards
> OSGeo GCI Admins team

Sergio Acosta y Lara
+1

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía
URUGUAY
(598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330
http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/

Hello Victoria and the whole OSGeo GCI team,

thanks a lot for sharing this information.

Sad to hear that there will be not GCI in the future.

It os so impressive to see your numbers about only 3 year that OSGeo
participated - 898 students and 2096 completed tasks. Wow. Amazing.

Thanks a lot to the OSGeo GCI Admins team and all mentors, people and
projects involved in GCI. GCI was a great way to get young people
introduced and involved in Open Source Software and bring people from
all over the world together and inspire to collaborate. Thanks a lot.

Astrid

Am 11.06.2020 16:21 schrieb Victoria Rautenbach:

> Good day
>
> The 2019 OSGeo GCI Admin team thought we would share this with you.
> The 2019 edition of GCI was the last, the Google Open Source group
> will now GSoC and Summer of Docs.
>
> OSGeo participated in GCI for 3 years! Over the three years, we worked
> with 898 students that completed 2096 tasks across various OSGeo
> projects. Thank you to those of you that served as mentors or answered
> questions from GCI students. Thank you!
>
> Regards
> OSGeo GCI Admins team

Angelos Tzotsos
Many thanks to the OSGeo GCI admins and everyone involved for all the
hard work and impressive results.

Best,
Angelos

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD