Fwd: FOSS4G 2016 - Call for Submissions!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: FOSS4G 2016 - Call for Submissions!

Iván Sánchez Ortega
Hola a todos,

Voy a hacer eco del "call for papers" que acaban de lanzar los chicos de
OSGeo, para que vayáis pensando qué rollo vais a soltar en Bonn (Alemania)
este próximo septiembre.


----------  Mensaje reenviado  ----------

Asunto: [OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2016 - Call for Submissions!
Fecha: Jueves 21. enero 2016, 15.48.47
De: [hidden email]
Para: [hidden email]

Hello OSGeo-community!

Did you ever dream of having a presentation in a parliament or plenary
chamber of a federal government? Here is your chance! The 2016 Local
Organizing Committee is excited and proud to announce the opening of the
Call for Submissions for FOSS4G 2016!

This year, OSGeo and FOSSGIS e.V. as organizer invite you to Bonn,
Germany between August 20th and 28th to share and acquire knowledge,
acquaintances, friends and positive energy through all the activities we
are planning for you: code sprints, workshops, B2B meetings, pub race,
icebreaker, gala event and, of course, our core conference.

FOSS4G represents the global gathering of the Open Source Geospatial
community with a deep focus on free and open source geospatial solutions
under the auspices of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation - OSGeo.
FOSS4G brings together developers, users, policy- and decision-makers,
business representatives from a broad spectrum of organizations and
professional geo-related fields.

This year’s FOSS4G theme, “Building bridges”, will bring together all
geospatial users, developers and supporters, from professionals to
absolute beginners, from business representatives to university
teachers, from non-profit organizations to public institutions
representatives. Furthermore, this year, FOSS4G will build bridges
between geo-related communities. Our traditional FOSS4G topics will be
enhanced with four key streams: Land Information, Disaster Management,
Remote Sensing and Open Data.

Our Call for Submissions will close on 21th of March. You can chose to
share your work and knowledge with the community in a variety of ways:
you can submit a presentation, a scientific paper, a poster, a map or a
workshop. The choice is yours.

For all types of submissions, you will find relevant information on the
dedicated webpages in the menu “program” on our website:
http://2016.foss4g.org/programme.html.

As FOSS4G is an OSGeo community event, it is the community that will
select the program of our core conference, through a voting mechanism.
The conference program will unfold over three days in up to 8 parallel
streams. We will accommodate around 200 presentations during the
conference showing the uses and benefits of open source geospatial
software in various fields. Each individual presentation will be allowed
about 20 minutes plus 5 minutes for Q&A.

You should expect the highest academic rigour for your submitted paper
within the Scientific Track. All papers will be assessed based on
scientific originality, coupled with interest for the wider FOSS4G
community. The Scientific Committee will make an effort to get selected
papers published in reputed academic journals.
Also we invite you to submit your poster. There will be a dedicated
poster session and enough space for hang up your poster in our
conference venue.

Workshops offer hands on experience of the power of FOSS4G and within
our gatherings demand always outstripped supply. Workshops should run
for a half-day and offer hands-on experience guided by experienced
members of the free and open source geospatial community, and often by
the actual developers. The workshops will provide a unique opportunity
to understand and learn new skills or take your first steps into the
world of Open Source GIS.

Come join FOSS4G!

Stay in touch with us, follow our developments and ask your questions.
Also we encourage all community and project leaders to publish this call
for submission on their project mailing-lists!

Till Adams, Chair of FOSS4G 2016 "Building Bridges...."

http://2016.foss4g.org
Twitter: @foss4g
Facebook: FOSS4G2016
email: [hidden email]
_______________________________________________
Discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss
-------------------------------------------------------
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
<[hidden email]>
_______________________________________________
Spanish mailing list
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/spanish
http://es.osgeo.org
http://twitter.com/osgeoes
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: FOSS4G 2016 - Call for Submissions!

Arnulf Christl
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Encantados de darles la bienvenida en septiembre, pero la conferencia es
en agosto (24 a 26 + code sprint, pre-conference meetings, etc.)

Reservat toda la semana!

http://2016.foss4g.org/

Have fun,
Arnulf

On 21.01.2016 17:36, Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
> Hola a todos,
>
> Voy a hacer eco del "call for papers" que acaban de lanzar los chicos
de
> OSGeo, para que vayáis pensando qué rollo vais a soltar en Bonn (Alema
nia)

> este próximo septiembre.
>
>
> ----------  Mensaje reenviado  ----------
>
> Asunto: [OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2016 - Call for Submissions!
> Fecha: Jueves 21. enero 2016, 15.48.47
> De: [hidden email]
> Para: [hidden email]
>
> Hello OSGeo-community!
>
> Did you ever dream of having a presentation in a parliament or plenary

> chamber of a federal government? Here is your chance! The 2016 Local
> Organizing Committee is excited and proud to announce the opening of t
he
> Call for Submissions for FOSS4G 2016!
>
> This year, OSGeo and FOSSGIS e.V. as organizer invite you to Bonn,
> Germany between August 20th and 28th to share and acquire knowledge,
> acquaintances, friends and positive energy through all the activities
we
> are planning for you: code sprints, workshops, B2B meetings, pub race,

> icebreaker, gala event and, of course, our core conference.
>
> FOSS4G represents the global gathering of the Open Source Geospatial
> community with a deep focus on free and open source geospatial solutio
ns
> under the auspices of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation - OSGeo.
> FOSS4G brings together developers, users, policy- and decision-makers,

> business representatives from a broad spectrum of organizations and
> professional geo-related fields.
>
> This year’s FOSS4G theme, “Building bridges”, will bring together all
> geospatial users, developers and supporters, from professionals to
> absolute beginners, from business representatives to university
> teachers, from non-profit organizations to public institutions
> representatives. Furthermore, this year, FOSS4G will build bridges
> between geo-related communities. Our traditional FOSS4G topics will be

> enhanced with four key streams: Land Information, Disaster Management,

> Remote Sensing and Open Data.
>
> Our Call for Submissions will close on 21th of March. You can chose to

> share your work and knowledge with the community in a variety of ways:

> you can submit a presentation, a scientific paper, a poster, a map or
a
> workshop. The choice is yours.
>
> For all types of submissions, you will find relevant information on th
e
> dedicated webpages in the menu “program” on our website:
> http://2016.foss4g.org/programme.html.
>
> As FOSS4G is an OSGeo community event, it is the community that will
> select the program of our core conference, through a voting mechanism.

> The conference program will unfold over three days in up to 8 parallel

> streams. We will accommodate around 200 presentations during the
> conference showing the uses and benefits of open source geospatial
> software in various fields. Each individual presentation will be allow
ed
> about 20 minutes plus 5 minutes for Q&A.
>
> You should expect the highest academic rigour for your submitted paper

> within the Scientific Track. All papers will be assessed based on
> scientific originality, coupled with interest for the wider FOSS4G
> community. The Scientific Committee will make an effort to get selecte
d
> papers published in reputed academic journals.
> Also we invite you to submit your poster. There will be a dedicated
> poster session and enough space for hang up your poster in our
> conference venue.
>
> Workshops offer hands on experience of the power of FOSS4G and within
> our gatherings demand always outstripped supply. Workshops should run
> for a half-day and offer hands-on experience guided by experienced
> members of the free and open source geospatial community, and often by

> the actual developers. The workshops will provide a unique opportunity

> to understand and learn new skills or take your first steps into the
> world of Open Source GIS.
>
> Come join FOSS4G!
>
> Stay in touch with us, follow our developments and ask your questions.

> Also we encourage all community and project leaders to publish this ca
ll

> for submission on their project mailing-lists!
>
> Till Adams, Chair of FOSS4G 2016 "Building Bridges...."
>
> http://2016.foss4g.org
> Twitter: @foss4g
> Facebook: FOSS4G2016
> email: [hidden email]
> _______________________________________________
> Discuss mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss
> -------------------------------------------------------
>


- --
Exploring Space, Time and Mind
http://arnulf.us
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAlahCqUACgkQXmFKW+BJ1b3w5QCfeuORN2sgLgtiZ+euCPLKliqH
ingAn3w0uafK3zA7sal4Rk+UqMWIDxCF
=g2SP
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
Spanish mailing list
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/spanish
http://es.osgeo.org
http://twitter.com/osgeoes
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Geoinquiets Barcelona] Fwd: FOSS4G 2016 - Call for Submissions!

Iván Sánchez Ortega
In reply to this post by Iván Sánchez Ortega
El Jueves 21. enero 2016 17.36.00 Iván Sánchez Ortega escribió:
> para que vayáis pensando qué rollo vais a soltar en Bonn (Alemania)
> este próximo septiembre.

Agosto. Quería decir "este próximo agosto". :-S

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
<[hidden email]>
_______________________________________________
Spanish mailing list
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/spanish
http://es.osgeo.org
http://twitter.com/osgeoes