Fwd: Drone app dev

Ezra Lesser
Hello all,

I am working at the University of Michigan, and we are developing a drone to both take visual/IR images and monitor hardware for data acquisition and geotagging. I was wondering if it would be conceivable for us to try and tailor your open-source project for image stitching into the Android framework and use it in conjunction with other code for monitoring other sensors on the drone as well as controlling the drone's flight. Any suggestions or comments on this undertaking are appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Ezra Lesser

--
Ezra D. Lesser
University of Michigan  Ann Arbor

Re: Fwd: Drone app dev

Dakota Benjamin

Ezra,

I don't have any experience with Android development, but I can offer some advice. An important aspect to consider here is hardware limitations. ODM has fairly large memory and processor requirements that scale with the size of the dataset being inputted. For mobile or tablet devices, I think the costs here would be prohibitive at this time.

With the development of an API in the works, you may simply want to wait and see if that will help you interface your project with ODM.

Hope that helps,

Dakota