Fwd: David Hastings has passed away

jmckenna
Administrator
Very sad news indeed.  Even if you never got to meet David, you were all
affected: he was a huge part of the first FOSS4G event in Bangkok in
2004, where Markus, Venka and myself spent so much time with him,
talking, sharing, which gave us strength for the next steps in creating
a global FOSS4G event.  David owes much credit and respect from our
global community for his tireless vision.  David spent much time in all
parts of Asia sharing his passion.  My thoughts to his family.  Very
sad.  -jeff

Re: Fwd: David Hastings has passed away

jody.garnett
That is sad news Jeff, is it appropriate to make a blog post expressing our condolences and highlighting his contributions that you mention :(

--
Jody Garnett

--------
Prof. Venkatesh Raghavan
Osaka City University, Japan

Re: David Hastings has passed away

Fenoy Gerald
Dear Jeff, Dear list,
first of all, thanks a lot Jeff for forwarding this information to the community.

I have to present my apologize cause I had planned to send this email a long time ago.

I would like to personally present my apologies to the David's family and I hope he will rest in peace.

I was lucky enough to spend some great time with him in Vietnam then few years later in his own house when he hosted me in Denver during the international FOSS4G that happened there.

I remember working with him on his local GRASS setup with his so old keyboard, he was so proud about this keyboard.

Thanks for having shared your passion with us and to support the foundation in various and clever way.

With all my love.

Rest in peace

Gérald Fenoy
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Djay