Fwd: Call for Feedback - Election Process & Timeline

Fwd: Call for Feedback - Election Process & Timeline

John Bryant
Hi OSGeo Oceania board,

I just received this email via Mailchimp, I'm glad to see the election process being opened for feedback, thanks. I'd like to request that that comment & discussion be invited on this list as well. Google Docs is good for collaborative editing and comment, but I feel part of this discussion may be better suited to a mailing list, particularly anything that requires some depth. Also, the list is archived for future reference, whereas a Google Doc can be permanently deleted.

Thanks
John

Re: Fwd: Call for Feedback - Election Process & Timeline

Greg Lauer
Hi John,

The comms team is in the process of doing this as part of the communication process.

Greg

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 7:55 PM John Bryant <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi OSGeo Oceania board,

I just received this email via Mailchimp, I'm glad to see the election process being opened for feedback, thanks. I'd like to request that that comment & discussion be invited on this list as well. Google Docs is good for collaborative editing and comment, but I feel part of this discussion may be better suited to a mailing list, particularly anything that requires some depth. Also, the list is archived for future reference, whereas a Google Doc can be permanently deleted.

Thanks
John

Re: Fwd: Call for Feedback - Election Process & Timeline

Martin Tomko

HI John, Greg,

I will forward this to Hamish and Celina.

I would note that we have decided to invite people through all channels.

There are also reasons to capture this in docs – the ease to reconcile. For editing a document, this may be a more productive platform than a mailing list.

Martin